Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

03.09.2019 05:35
I didnt know if I was ever going Antworten

Excerpts from eulogies delivered at Wednesdays funeral for Montreal Canadiens legend Jean Beliveau, who died last week at the age of 83. Cheap Air Force Ones China .Dickie Moore, former Canadiens teammateIt is a tremendous honour to stand here for my teammate and my friend Jean Beliveau. What more can I say about Jean? Everyone has said so many wonderful words about him. Words like strength, dedication, devotion and elegance.Elise, Jean was so lucky to have you on his team beside him and supporting him through all the years.Me I was lucky. Lucky to have been with Jean for many glorious years with the Canadiens. Lucky to share many amazing moments together. Lucky to have him as a friend.What would you rather be, good or lucky? I was lucky. He was good. I will miss you Jean, a man I always looked up to. Im only five-foot-10.God bless you Jean, your teammate and friend forever.---Yvan Cournoyer, former Canadiens teammateToday, I would like to speak to you about Jean, my captain. I had the fortune to play with Jean my first eight years and to win my first Stanley Cup with him. Four more followed.In the dressing room I had the privilege to sit next to him. Heres a little anecdote. The first time I sat next to him, I realized his pads were a lot longer than mine. I quickly found out why when he got up.On the road, I roomed with him a lot and that allowed me to get to know him better and develop a very good friendship. Given the age difference between us, we developed almost a father-son relationship....Oh captain, my captain, bon voyage.---Serge Savard, former Canadiens teammateIn 1952, the Canadiens called up Jean and he played in three games. In the first game, he stole the show and scored three goals. Thats when the new No. 4 became my idol along with the Rocket and Doug Harvey.I would never have thought at the time that Jean Beliveau would become my teammate and that we would win three Stanley Cups together....Jean was a great leader. We would look toward him when times were difficult. After just a few seasons, his peers named him captain. Surprised and shaken up, he went to see Mr. Selke to turn down the captaincy. Mr. Selke told him he was the choice of the players and to return to the dressing room to fulfil his role as leader.And he did that throughout his career, winning 10 Stanley Cups and helping us be better players and better people, on and off the ice. You couldnt disappoint such a role model.A reporter asked him one day how hed like to be remembered and his answer was spontaneous. I want to be remembered as a good team player.---Ken Dryden, former Canadiens teammateEverybody everywhere in the country talked about him the same way. Jean Beliveau has class.Strange though it seems, its easy now to understate his playing career. Its easy to forget that the Canadiens werent always legendary. ... But in 1956, the Canadiens would win the first of five straight championships, and in the 19 years that followed, nine more, leaving every other team in our dust. In our ice chips.Yet it wasnt really until he retired in 1971 that he became truly special. He became an ambassador for the team, but one like no other.He was proud of being a Montreal Canadien, and proud of his sport. He was proud of being a Victoriavilleois and a Montrealer, proud of being a Quebecer, proud of being a Canadian. He believed in all of them, and he represented all of them wherever he went.He had other skills, he might have done other things. But he understood probably by very early in his life that his greatest impact wouldnt be as a corporate or political leader, but as Jean Beliveau. In doing what he did, in being who he was.---Geoff Molson, Canadiens ownerAll of us here today share something in common. Our admiration and our love for Jean Beliveau in so many ways.He was the first hockey player on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine. And after he scored three goals in 44 seconds in a single power play, the National Hockey League changed its power-play rules.But he was more than a record breaker. He was the man whose footsteps our parents wanted us to follow. As little boys, we grew up wanting to be like him.He carried the torch high for six decades, and now its our turn, all of us, to hold it high in his memory.Perhaps the best way to do our friend Jean justice, and begin explaining his legacy to future generations, is quite simple. It is to say he was in a class of his own. He was Jean Beliveau. Cheap Air Force Ones Near Me . A day after FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke said three stadiums would not be ready in time for the Dec. 31 deadline, Brazilian officials said they actually plan to deliver all six remaining venues after that date. They claim only three are delayed, with the other three being handed over after the expected date only because of problems accommodating the schedule of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, who wants to be present for the ceremonies. Cheap Air Force 1 China . Dallas (2-0-1) sits atop the Western Conference with an MLS-best seven points. Castillo opened the scoring in the 71st minute off a Mauro Diaz set piece, and Watson outran defender Tony Lochhead on a long ball and then juked goalkeeper Ian Kennedy for the eventual game-winner in the 78th minute. http://www.airforce1nearme.com/sb-shoes-outlet-near-me.html . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle.TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays wanted to kick off a critical nine-game homestand with a bang to give their fading playoff hopes a boost. The Tampa Bay Rays ended up showing them how its done. Drew Smyly threw a two-hit shutout and Evan Longoria homered and drove in three runs as the Rays dumped the Blue Jays 8-0 on Friday night at Rogers Centre. Wil Myers also went deep as the Rays pounded out 14 hits in the opener of a three-game series. It was the seventh loss in nine games for the Blue Jays (65-63), who entered play four games out of the final wild-card spot in the American League. "When youre high, everything is going to go your way. When youre struggling, everything is going to go against you," said Toronto catcher Dioner Navarro. "A couple of plays here and there probably would have changed the outcome of the game. "But they outplayed us today, they outpitched us, they outhustled us." Longoria took Marcus Stromans first pitch in the second inning over the wall to give Tampa Bay an early 1-0 lead. It was his 16th homer of the season. Tampa Bay took advantage of some suspect defence in the fifth inning. Matt Joyce led off with a double on a ball that bounced off right-fielder Jose Bautistas glove as he tried to make a running catch at the warning track. Longoria walked and James Loney followed with a grounder to short that should have been a double-play ball. But second baseman Steve Tollesons throw to first bounced in the dirt, allowing Joyce to score. The Rays drove Stroman (7-5) from the game in the sixth and burned reliever Aaron Loup in a four-run frame that put the game out of reach. "I figured wed come out there tonight with a little more energy," said Blue Jays manager John Gibbons. "We didnt have it and we made some mistakes, we couldnt turn that big double play. We laid back on a couple balls, thhings like that. Air Force 1 Low Shoes For Sale. "But Smyly was pretty good out there, Ill give him that." It was the first shutout and first complete game of the southpaws career. Smyly threw 75 of his 105 pitches for strikes, didnt walk a batter and had four strikeouts. "It was good, I have been waiting for this game," he said. "I didnt know if I was ever going to get it because I usually have high pitch counts." Stroman, meanwhile, allowed 10 hits, five earned runs, three walks and had six strikeouts. "I was just up a little bit," Stroman said. "My sinker was pretty good, change-up wasnt bad. It was just a couple pitches that I left up, some curve balls that were up in the zone and they capitalized on it." Smyly (8-10) allowed a single to Jose Reyes in the first inning and a single to Tolleson in the third before retiring the next 19 batters in order. "That was, for my money, the best pitching performance Ive seen from a Ray in this ballpark," said Tampa manager Joe Maddon. "Truly a really artistic performance tonight." Myers tacked on an insurance run in the eighth inning with a solo shot off Todd Redmond. Tampa Bay left 12 men on base while Toronto left just one. Notes: Myers has six homers on the season. ... Torontos Kyle Drabek worked the seventh. He has pitched three scoreless innings of relief since his recent callup from triple-A Buffalo. ... Announced attendance was 28,506 and the game took two hours 45 minutes to play. ... The Rays are the only team in the major leagues with a winning record on the road (34-29) and a losing record overall (63-65). ... The Blue Jays fell to 5-13 in August. ... Tolleson ended an 0-for-14 drought with his single. ... Left-hander Mark Buehrle (11-8) is scheduled to start for Toronto on Saturday afternoon. The Rays will counter with right-hander Jeremy Hellickson (1-2). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz