Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

08.10.2019 03:13
Hes a real good player Antworten

NEW YORK -- Ernesto Frieri has lost his job as Los Angeles Angels closer -- at least for a while. Angels manager Mike Scioscia says setup man Joe Smith will step into the stopper role until Frieri works out his problems beginning Friday night when the Angels play the New York Yankees. "We want to get Ernie off of that treadmill and let him get an inning or two where he can try to make some adjustments," Scioscia said. "Historically, Ernie has responded well to this. We need him, and I think this is the best route to take to get to the final solution we want." The move comes two days after Frieri allowed four runs and three hits while failing to protect a lead for the Angels in a loss at Washington. It was his second blown save this season in four chances. Frieri is 0-2 with a 9.35 ERA in 10 appearances this year. Hes allowed five home runs, a problem that plagued him last season when he was tagged for 11 homers and briefly lost the closer job. Scioscia said Frieri will be used at less stressful times, not in setup situations. The eighth-inning role will be filled by matchups. "To put him in setup role right now would defeat the purpose, because youre going to put him in a high-leverage situation," Scioscia said. "If youre ready for the eighth inning, youre ready for the ninth." "Mechanically hes fine," Scioscia said. "At times hes overthrowing, and when he does, hes missing some spots. Hes not a fine control guy, but he definitely knows what area he wants to throw the ball, and hes usually pretty good at getting it there." Smith signed a $15.75 million, three-year contract with the Angels this winter. In his eighth season, the 30-year-old right-hander is 1-0 with a 3.60 ERA, but 10 of his 11 appearances have been scoreless. He has three career saves in 450 games with the Mets, Indians and Angels. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . Beanballs were the theme Friday night as the Red Sox and Rays had another AL East rumble, with Boston earning a 3-2 victory on A. Cheap Custom Jerseys . He did one better Sunday by holing out a pitching wedge from 142 yards for eagle, capping a remarkable 28 on the back nine to win The Championship at Laguna National. https://www.fakejerseyswholesale.com/. - Andrew McCutchen went 4 for 5 and finished a home run short of a cycle, and Jordy Mercer drove in a career-high four runs to lead the Pittsburgh Pirates to an 8-2 rout of the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday. Cheap Jerseys .Y. - DeMarre Carroll felt as though he couldnt miss in the second quarter as he outscored the Brooklyn Nets 14-13 all by himself. Fake Jerseys For Sale . So heres what I do when I want to get into the baseball mood—I delve into "The Baseball Project".On the heels of their upset victory in Montreal last week, Winnipeg Blue Bombers head coach Tim Burke admits his team will have to play even better in Week 17 if they hope to string together consecutive wins for the first time since August 2011. But the truth is, with eight players on the one-game injured list and another 11 on the nine-game — including nearly a dozen starters — the 3-12 Blue and Gold are more so concentrating on roster development as they re-build for 2014. One of the young players that has taken full advantage of his new starting role is running back Will Ford, who has shown marked improvement game to game since being plugged into the starting role for the injured Chad Simpson. "As a true player you never want to sit on the sidelines, so when you do get that chance youve got to make the best of it. 120 per cent each and every snap," said Ford, who has also snagged special teams Player of the Week honours from the league for his kick and punt return success this year. "Sometimes it takes a little while for them to find their running style in the CFL, and I think that is what Will has found," said Burke, of his tailback. "Hes found how he wants to run the ball in the CFL, and hes made a good case for himself, thats for sure." "Im just taking advantage and making the most of my opportunities when my name is called," added Ford. "And times when my name isnt called, protecting the quarterback and just trying to do everything right." The early knock on Ford was his pass blocking following a couple games where the weakness began to be exploited. It eventually kept him out of second down situations after a training camp that saw him come in specifically on passing downs to takke advantage of the speedsters escapability in space.dddddddddddd. But since his first career start in early September, the 26-year-old has turned the corner. Burke says Ford "did a great job blocking" in Montreal where the back was often man-on-man with tenacious veteran linebacker Kyries Hebert. Another young player who has impressed Burke is linebacker Ian Wild, who has all but cemented himself into the Blue Bombers plans for next season. "Hes a real good player," said the head coach of his 6-foot 208-pound rookie. "Hes made a lot of plays. Hes versatile, anywhere from long-snapping to ending up in the post playing free safety. Hes durable. Hes smart. And hes got a lot of football sense." "He doesnt look all that big, but when hes out on the field he has a lot of power. He can get off of an offensive lineman trying to block him and he can deliver a blow to him too, so were pretty happy we have Ian." "I would think hed be around for a long time. Hes very young." added Burke of Wild who only turns 24 this winter. "Hes right out of college, so he should have a long-term future." Notes: Jovon Johnson made a marvelous recovery this week from an ankle injury and will again start at safety. His prognosis went from out, to doubtful, to ready-to-go in a matter of days. The soon to be 30-year-old hasnt missed a CFL start since his rookie year in 2008 where he was held out of a single game... Former NFL-standout Mike Sims-Walker makes his first CFL start on Saturday for injured wide receiver Aaron Kelly... Recent newcomers Michael McAdoo and J.D. Griggs will back-up on the defensive line and look to impress the Bombers brass enough to earn a spot in training camp come next spring. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz