Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

24.10.2019 03:10
yards rushing and 36 touchdowns Antworten

Bruce Arthur, Toronto Star: My thumb is up to small mercies for Toronto Maple Leafs fans. Every year, ESPN the magazine ranks 122 North American sports franchises, and this year, the Leafs ranked dead last. They were 119th last year, 122nd the year before that, 120th, 121st, 120th - well, you get the picture. ESPN uses a mixture of factors, but the Leafs are persistently rotten in both affordability and wins, the first of which has no chance to changing this season. But theres an upside to the bottom of the barrel: it cant get worse, right? Well, of course it can. Beer prices could rise, a meteor could strike, some league could add an expansion team. But numerically, this is as bad as it gets. If youre a Leafs fan, well, thats got to count for something. Steve Simmons, SUN Media: My thumb is down to the National Football League - I know, its an easy target these days - for its inability to see success, celebrate it, and understand the moment. On Thursday night, Devin Hester - now of the Atlanta Falcons - broke Deion Sanders remarkable record for most return touchdowns in history. Hester did so with style, with Deion in the building and he did so by paying tribute to Sanders by high-stepping the final yards to the end zone. For that, he should have been applauded for both respect and his acknowledgment of history. Instead, he was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct. The NFL, in need of an moment it could call good news, flagged itself on the play, spoiling the celebration. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is up to the other referendum in Scotland this week. By a resounding margin of 85 to 15 per cent, the Royal & Ancient voted to allow women members at St. Andrews. Nice of these gents to enter a new century: The 20th century. Please hold your applause. Finishing runner-up to Augusta National in the category of social change is only mildly praiseworthy. At an existential level, golf is the most egalitarian sport. The only thing that matters is the number on the scorecard. But getting to post that number, getting through the figurative gates to the first tee in this exclusive sport, can make an otherwise great game exasperating. Dave Hodge, TSN: Once more before he plays his last game, my thumb is up to Derek Jeter and the way he has conducted his career. Im not suggesting hes a) the greatest shortstop or b) the best person in baseball history … a) hes not and b) hes probably not. But Derek Jeter has represented himself, his team, his city and his sport about as well as you could want. If you were writing a handbook guide for future athletes, Jeter could be chapter one. Who knows how many would turn out like him, but the number would be greater because of the opportunity to witness what he has done, and to learn from it. Dont make him an idol--the sports world has too many who arent. Make him a good example--the sports world has too few who are. OG Anunoby Jersey . Tensions rose in the first period when Penguins defenceman Brooks Orpik hit Bruins forward Loui Eriksson with what appeared to be a clean hit. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Raptors Jersey . -- The defending Canadian womens curling champions squandered an opportunity to take sole possession of first place in the standings Tuesday at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts. https://www.raptorsrookiesshop.com/. On Wednesday, Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas hit back. In a passionate defence of himself and the London clubs medical staff, the Portuguese coach rebuked the "incompetent people" who have attacked Tottenham for allowing Lloris to continue playing after being briefly knocked unconscious against Everton on Sunday. Fred VanVleet Jersey . As they are wont to do, the Spurs made things real easy. The Spurs signed Parker to a multi-year contract extension on Friday, ensuring that the six-time All-Star point guard will be in the fold whether Duncan and Ginobili are able to continue their careers or not. Marc Gasol Raptors Jersey .com) - Calgary Flames forward Johnny Gaudreau has been selected as the NHLs Rookie of the Month for December, the league announced Friday.ALAMEDA, Calif. - The Oakland Raiders signed special teams standout Taiwan Jones to a three-year extension on Monday that keeps him under contract through 2017. Jones still had one year remaining on his rookie deal but was allowed to negotiate an extension for the first time this off-season. General manager Reggie McKenzie kept a speedster originally picked by late owner Al Davis who emerged as a top special teams player after struggling to make it as a running back. Jones is a Bay Area native who is active in the community and very popular with Raiders fans. "I was excited when they came to me about the extension," Jones said. "It is definitely a blessing for a local kid to be part of the Raiders turnaround. Ive been an underdog all my life, so I think its very fitting for me to remain here. Im definitely excited about it." Jones was originally selected by Oakland as a running back in the fourth round in 2011 out of Eastern Washington after running a 4.33-second 40-yard dash before the draft. That speed and 2,955 yards rushing and 36 touchdowns in two seasons as a running back in college lled Davis to select him.dddddddddddd But Jones struggled with injuries and ball security his first two seasons. He had 22 carries for 94 yards and four catches for 36 yards and averaged 18.7 yards on 10 kickoff returns as he struggled to find a role in the NFL. The Raiders moved Jones to cornerback last season but he did not play on defence. Jones made his impact on special teams, where he was credited with 13 solo tackles and two assists. Oakland heavily promoted Jones for the Pro Bowl but he did not make the team. "Its rare to see and to know that my local team wants me to stay home, and its just a blessing," he said. "Im glad to be part of it, happy to remain here and there are big things coming that I am happy to be part of it. I feel good about next year. Obviously, I was able to do a lot of good things on special teams last year. Unfortunately, I didnt make the Pro Bowl last year, but that is something Im shooting for this year." Jones also got some time at running back last season because of injuries and finished with five carries for 23 yards and two catches for 55 yards. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz