Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
Cl11234566 Offline

30.10.2019 01:50
Segura, who was hitting Antworten

TORONTO -- Light-heavyweight champion Jon (Bones) Jones and Swedish challenger Alexander (The Mauler) Gustafsson made weight Friday ahead of their UFC 165 showdown. The six-foot-four champion and six-foot-five challenger both weighed in at 204.5 pounds, under the 205-pound limit. The weigh-in for Saturdays fight was conducted in front of a good crowd outside at Maple Leaf Square, adjacent to the Air Canada Centre. UFC president Dana White wore a Maple Leafs jersey for the occasion with No. 13 and White on the back. A smiling Jones blew a kiss at the fans as he bounded onto the stage. Then he tossed his running shoes and "Not Quite Human" Nike T-shirt into the crowd. Gustafsson (15-1) came out holding a scarf in Swedish blue-and-yellow colours. Jones (18-1) did not make eye contact with the big Swede as the two posed, his eyes instead seemingly burning a hole in Gustafssons chin. When the two separated, they did not shake hands. Jones bent down, clapped his hands and let out a whoop. The champion drew some boos as well as cheers. Gustafsson got some loud cheers from Swedish fans in attendance. Much has been made of the fact that Jones does not have his usual size advantage against Gustafsson. But both fighters dismissed the height factor. "This sports about intelligence and the way you approach this game," Jones said after weighing in. "I am so ready. Im so excited to prove that height really doesnt mean that much." Said Gustafsson: "Its all going to go down to whos been working the hardest and wants that belt more." Interim bantamweight champion Renan Barao weighed 135 pounds while co-main event opponent Eddie Wineland was 135.25. The two got up-close and personal but still shook hands after they squared off. Montreal bantamweight Ivan (The Pride of El Salvador) Menjivar weighed in at 137, meaning he had to lose another pound within an hour to make the limit. That didnt stop him from donning a futuristic mask over his mouth as he posed with Wilson Reis. Russian lightweight Khabib (The Eagle) Nurmagomedov also used a prop, walking on stage in a white fur hat. He took it off when he stepped on the scales but good-naturedly gave it to opponent Pat (Bam Bam) Healy to wear when they posed at the side of the stage. Matt Mitrione and Brendan Schaub, former friends on "The Ultimate Fighter" show, continued the ill-will shown in the leadup to their fight. The two heavyweights did not shake hands and exchanged words after posing. Schaub has disrespected Mitriones work ethic, among other things. Mitrione has questioned Schaubs chin. Mitrione, who did not bother to shed his jeans before stepping on the scales, weighed 260.5 pounds to Schaubs 237. The card is the UFCs fourth in Toronto and 14th in Canada. --- UFC 165 weigh-in results Jon Jones (204.5 pounds) vs. Alexander Gustafsson (204.5) Renan Barao (135) vs. Eddie Wineland (135.25) Matt Mitrione (260.5) vs. Brendan Schaub (237) Francis Carmont (186) vs. Constantinos Philippou (186) Pat Healy (155.75) vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov (156) Myles Jury (156) vs. Mike Ricci, Montreal (155.5) Ivan Menjivar, Montreal (137) vs. Wilson Reis (135) Chris Clements, London, Ont. (169.5) vs. Stephen Thompson (170.5) Mitch Gagnon, Sudbury, Ont. (136) vs. Dustin Kimura (136) Renee Forte (155.5) vs. John Makdessi, Montreal (155) Michel Prazeres (155) vs. Jesse Ronson, London, Ont. (155.5) Alex Caceres (136) vs. Roland Delorme, Winnipeg (136) Nandor Guelmino (230) vs. Daniel Omielanczuk (245.5) Cheap Rockies Jerseys . "I never commented to anyone that I wanted out," he explained. "My heart is with this group and making the playoffs." Kesler added that the rumours are "completely false" that he asked to be traded - recently or ever. Colorado Rockies Gear . City has reached new heights under manager Manuel Pellegrini as they transition from big spending/immediate impact to perennial contender. Yaya Toures seeming discontent Tuesday may complicate that, as does the little issue of Financial Fair Play. https://www.cheaprockiesjerseys.us/.com) - Lloyd Sam struck in stoppage time on Wednesday as Red Bull New York hung on for a crucial 1-0 win over Atlantic Cup rivals D. Colorado Rockies Pro Shop . Louis Cardinals on Sunday afternoon; a brief, poor outing that served to highlight two trends that have developed this season. Rockies Jerseys 2019 . Hamilton signed offensive linemen Mike Filer, Joel Reinders, Landon Rice and Carson Rockhill.MILWAUKEE -- It was a tough night at the ballpark for Ryan Braun. First, the Brewers slugger accidentally knocked shortstop Jean Segura out of the game after hitting him in the head with his bat while warming up on the top steps of the dugout in the first. Braun departed himself after the eighth with a slight chest muscle strain. The injuries wiped some of the lustre off Marco Estradas strong outing in a 5-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday that gave Milwaukee its seventh win in eight games. Manager Ron Roenicke said Segura didnt have a concussion or fractures, but needed stitches to close a gash on his face. Segura might miss a few days, while Braun labeled himself as day to day. Foremost in Brauns mind was that Segura seemed to be OK after the scary moment. "Obviously, its never something thats done intentionally," Braun said. "You know whenever youre involved in a situation like that, I think it puts life in perspective and you realize how insignificant baseball is. Thank God from everything weve heard hes OK." Estrada (2-1) threw 7 2-3 strong innings with nine strikeouts. Jeff Bianchi went 2 for 4, entering the game as a pinch hitter in the first for Segura. The Brewers had to take a few moments to regroup after seeing Segura on the floor of the dugout in pain. He had to be helped to the clubhouse. Braun was facing the field on the top steps of the dugout, where he normally stations himself for his warmup routine. Segura, who was batting second ahead of third-place hitter Braun, was coming up the steps behind him, and a TV replay showed the All-Star shortstop getting it on the right side of the head. "It bugged me all game but its one of those things you hope you can prevent. I know Braunny felt bad," Roenicke said. "Bianchi came in and did a great job for him." Bianchi drove in two runs with a bases-loaded single in the second off Travis Wood (1-3). Francisco Rodriguez tossed a 1-2-3 ninth for his 11th save. Wood had his toughest outing of the season, yielding five runs and seven hits in 5 2-3 innings. &qquot;It was a grind and a battle tonight," he said.dddddddddddd "I didnt have my A game. I was missing balls and falling behind hitters." Estrada retired the first 10 hitters he faced -- a few on flyballs deep into the outfield -- before Luis Valbuena turned on a 2-0 fastball for a solo homer to right. The righty then retired 10 in a row again, effectively mixing a changeup and curveball with fastball in the high 80s. He maintained control until Welington Castillo hit a two-run shot in the eighth to get the Cubs within two. Estrada departed having allowed four hits and no walks. "Its the best Ive felt so far since spring training," Estrada said. "The last couple games, I just havent felt like myself. But today I did." Chicago, which lost its fourth straight, is already 10 1/2 games back in the NL Central behind division-leading Milwaukee, which has the majors best record at 18-6. "The teams rolling right now and just kind of riding the waves, going with it, and playing outstanding ball," Wood said. But the win was overshadowed somewhat by the injury to Segura, adding to whats already been a tough start of the season. Segura, who was hitting .239, also missed the last two weeks of spring training with sore right shoulder. Braun has also had somewhat of a tricky start after returning to the lineup this season following a 65-game doping suspension. Braun is hitting .318, but hes also been dealing with a lingering right hand injury that carried over from last year. NOTES: Chicago placed struggling reliever Jose Veras on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique. RHP Brian Schlitter was recalled from Triple-A Iowa, and arrived in time for the game. Veras had a 15.88 ERA and blew both of his save opportunities. ... The Cubs have lost seven of eight to Milwaukee dating to last season. ... Rodriguez picked up his 315th save, three behind Rick Aguilera for 17th place on the career list. ... Chicago will try to avoid a sweep by sending Jason Hammel (3-1) to mound Sunday against Wily Peralta (3-0). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz