Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Kontakte
Cl11234566 Offline

30.10.2019 08:21
When a player is designated Antworten

SAN ANTONIO -- Annual traditions are everywhere in San Antonio. Theres the way the famed Riverwalk is transformed into a sea of lights at holiday time. Fiesta Noche del Rio, a summerlong outdoor performance of song and dance that dates back more than half a century. A huge rodeo, taking over the city for about three weeks every winter. And of late, theres been the Tim Duncan Watch. Unlike the others, this is one San Antonioians dread. But if he goes out now, hell be going out as a champion -- for the fifth time. San Antonios 104-87 win over the Miami Heat in Game 5 of the NBA Finals on Sunday night gave Duncan his fifth title, all with the Spurs. And throughout this series, speculation has been rampant that if the Spurs ended Miamis reign Duncan might finally feel like the time is right to end what will surely be a Hall of Fame career. "Amazing," Duncan said. "It makes last year OK." His first title was in 1999. Only Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has a longer span between championships. "Its a very emotional time," Duncan said. When the 2011-12 season was threatened by a lockout, it was speculated that Duncan might have already played his last game. Hes certainly doesnt play for money anymore -- hes making about $10 million this season, a giant sum in the real world but well below market value by NBA standards -- and has always seemed to be a reluctant superstar. And then, every fall, Duncan shows up for training camp, the Spurs win a bunch of games, and the legacy just keeps growing. "I know hes got one more year on his contract, and he loves being with us, loves playing basketball," Spurs guard Tony Parker said. "Either way, whatever he decides, Ill support him. But if I have to choose, obviously, I would love him to keep going. I love playing with him." Its hard to find something in San Antonio more revered than the Spurs. "Go Spurs Go" signage hangs from what seems like every other building in the sprawling city. If someone is on the streets of San Antonio on game day and not wearing Spurs gear, chances are they live somewhere else. During the NBA Finals, its not uncommon for residents to strap Spurs flags onto their cars, drive through downtown and honk like crazy -- even on off days in the series. Duncan has never played for money anyplace else. Sunday was his 1,488th NBA game. Every one of them has been in a Spurs uniform. The only other players in NBA history to play that many games and never change teams: Utahs John Stockton and Indianas Reggie Miller. "He feels a responsibility to his teammates," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He enjoys them. He wants to hang around as long as he can while hes useful and while hes having an impact on the game. He takes care of his body. He works out all summer long with a variety of different things, boxing, swimming. Hes very careful about what he puts in his body, so he does everything he can to maintain a level of play. "At some point," Popovich added, "that will stop." But when? Duncan insists he doesnt know. Its something he, Parker and Manu Ginobili -- the Spurs Big 3 -- have been hearing for years, that their demise and breakup is imminent. By now, they almost find it amusing. "Weve been on our last run for the last five or six years from how everyone wants to put it," Duncan said. "We show up every year, and we try to put together the best teams and the best runs possible because what people say doesnt matter to us. As I said, as long as we feel were being effective, were going to stay out here and were going to play. We feel like we can be effective, and we have been." Duncan is the 21st player in NBA history to win five rings with one team. Everyone else on that list played for the Lakers, Celtics or Bulls. That speaks to longevity and sustained greatness, which all factors in to the enormous legacy hell leave behind at some point. Again, though, thats not Duncans thinking. Not now. Not yet. First things first -- theres another parade coming to San Antonio. When the Spurs won the Western Conference title and earned their rematch shot with Miami, which won last years finals in a seven-game classic, Duncan vowed that San Antonio would win this time around. He was right. "This is the only one that counts right now," Duncan said. China Shoes To USA .Brooks, a three-year veteran, was slow to get up after suffering the injury during a 5-yard run by Arian Foster.Brooks limped off the field midway through the quarter and then slowly walked to the locker room a few minutes later. Nike Shoes From China . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. https://www.chinashoes.us/. Luke Wileman and I stood in the corridor outside of the Vancouver Whitecaps dressing room at BC Place in Vancouver. China Shoes Store . The closer wasnt available. The road trip, a disaster to that point. Yeezy From China .Kessy tried to show what he can do playing left wing for the Oilers in 5-0 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday in pre-season action.TORONTO – The numbers five and six should be top of mind for Sergio Santos as he makes his return to the Blue Jays after a month in minor league purgatory. The "five" is in reference to the number of weeks remaining in what, to this point, has been a season gone wrong for the 31-year-old right-hander. The "six" is the $6-million club option the Blue Jays hold on his services for 2015. Pitch well in the final five and maybe, just maybe, hell be back in Toronto at that $6-million number. Perform like he did prior to his demotion and Santos is assuredly headed to free agency, where hes unlikely to find a deal as friendly as the pact for which hes striving. "A humbling experience first," said Santos of being designated for assignment on July 21 and outrighted to the Bisons three days later. "Its been kind of refreshing at the same time. I think you take for granted how great it is up here sometimes and so to be down there for four weeks was kind of a big wake up call. It can be frustrating at times and good at times. Just happy its over and getting another opportunity to get back up here." Santos has work to do to chip away at an unsightly 7.78 ERA compiled before he was sent packing. His season never got on track. He missed the clubs five-week hot stretch in May with a forearm strain. As his performance declined so did his role, going from a late-inning setup guy (the right role for someone with his fastball/slider combination) to a mop-up reliever who rarely got work. "I dont think I ever lost any confidence," said Santos. "I think going down there and having consistent throwing where I was throwing every other day and it was just, you get in a rrhythm, you get in a groove.dddddddddddd Pitching is a lot about momentum and I built up some momentum because I was throwing on a consistent basis." To Santos credit, he went to Buffalo and didnt mope. In 11 appearances for the Bisons, a team making a charge for a playoff spot in the International League, he didnt allow an earned run and struck out 16 hitters in 10 2/3 innings. The adjustments, Santos said, were minor. "After looking at some video my misses with fastballs were getting a little too much of the plate up here and so I focused on my misses being on the thirds of the plate as opposed to the middle and just getting ahead of hitters," said Santos. When a player is designated for assignment, theres a three-day window during which he can be claimed on waivers by another team. That didnt happen with Santos, who remained in Toronto huddled with his wife and three children. Despite what was said publicly, in advance of the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline the budget-conscious ballclub would have been thrilled to be freed from the pro-rated amount owing on Santos $3.75-million ticket. Santos likely would have leapt at the opportunity for a fresh start. It didnt happen. "I think the hardest thing was explaining to my kids, when they were here, because they would know theres a Jays game going on but Im not going to the field and where am I going, what am I doing and so that was the hardest part, explaining to them where I was at," said Santos. "I think they just wanted to come to the kids room and play here." Now he must show hes turned the corner. "Hopefully I can restore their confidence back in me with some good outings here," said Santos. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz