Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
Cl11234566 Offline

05.11.2019 01:43
Fernando Torres leaving the club before Antworten

BOSTON -- No need for instant replay. The umpires overturned this blown call on their own. After Dustin Pedroia was called out on a phantom force play in the first inning of the World Series opener, second base umpire Dana DeMuth was reversed by the other five members of his crew. Three pitches later, Mike Napoli lined a cutter to the gap in left-centre field for a go-ahead three-run double, and the Boston Red Sox coasted to an 8-1 rout over the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday night. Nine years after they reversed the Curse, the Red Sox succeeded in reversing a key Series call. "You rarely see that," Napoli said before adding, "especially on a stage like this." Jacoby Ellsbury had walked leading off the first, and Pedroia had singled with one out. David Ortiz followed with a slow bouncer to second baseman Matt Carpenter that had an outside chance of being turned into an inning-ending double play. Carpenter made a routine 30-foot backhand flip to Pete Kozma in plenty of time for the out. But as the shortstop approached second base, the ball bounced off the edge of his gloves webbing and fell to the ground. DeMuth called Pedroia out on a force, indicating the ball was dropped by Kozma while making the transfer to his throwing hand. "It was just one of those plays. He gave me a good feed and I just missed it," Kozma said. Red Sox manager John Farrell jogged out from the dugout out to argue. "I think were fully accepting of the neighbourhood play, but my view is that it wasnt even that," he said. "There was really no entry into the glove with the ball." All six umpires huddled near shortstop for 30 seconds to discuss the play as Farrell looked on from the infield grass. "Typically theyre probably going to stand pat with the decision thats made in the moment," Farrell said. Kozma believed he established sufficient possession. "I had enough," he said. And then crew chief John Hirschbeck then walked toward the Cardinals dugout on the third-base side, motioning with his left hand for Cardinals manager Mike Matheny to come out. He told him that Pedroia was being called safe, and Matheny spent 1 1/2 minutes arguing to no avail, repeatedly jabbing his right index finger in the air. "Thats not a play Ive ever seen before," Matheny said. "And Im pretty sure there were six umpires on the field that had never seen that play before either. Its a pretty tough time to debut that overruled call in the World Series. Now, I get that trying to get the right call. I get that. Tough one to swallow." DeMuth admitted he got it wrong. "I stayed with the foot too long. Thats how I ended up getting in trouble," he said. "And when I was coming up, all I could see was a hand coming out and the ball on the ground. All right? So I was assuming." When he saw his crewmates converging on him, DeMuth knew he had made a mistake. "Its an awful feeling, yeah. Especially when Im sure I have the right call," he said. Hirschbeck said in the end it wasnt a difficult decision for the crew. "When I hear all five of us say we are 100 per cent, then I say, OK, we need to change this. Its as simple as that," he said. Major League Baseball started using video review to assist umpires in 2008, but only to decide whether potential home runs went over fences or were fair balls. Under rules changes likely to be approved for next season, video will be used for virtually every call other than balls and strikes. Managers would be allowed one challenge over the first six innings and two from the seventh inning on. Officials in New York City would make the final ruling. Speaking softly in a corner of the cramped visitors clubhouse, Kozma seemed like a player who felt he had let his team down. "You saw what happened the rest of the night," he said. "If I catch that ball and turn that double play, it stays nothing-nothing." Nike Air Max Shoes 2017 China . You can watch coverage on TSN, TSN2 and CTV beginning today at 3pm et/Noon pt. The championships will feature approximately 250 of Canadas best figure skaters in senior, junior and novice as they vie for spots on the national team, international assignments and will act as the final step in the 2014 Olympic qualification process. Wholesale Air Max Shoes China . Henrik Samuelsson and Luke Bertolucci also scored for the Oil Kings, who are now 9-0 on home ice in the playoffs to cut Portlands series lead to 2-1. Chase De Leo and Mathew Dumba responded for the Winterhawks, who suffered just their fourth loss in their last 46 games, a string of success running all the way back to Jan. http://www.cheapairmaxchina.us/.J. -- The New York Jets have promoted Tony Sparano Jr. Cheap Air Max China 2017 . In their first meeting for six years, the Frenchmen dropped serve twice in the first set, but Giquel broke Simon two more times in the second. Gicquel moves on to face sixth-seeded Jarkko Nieminen of Finland, who advanced with a 7-6 (5), 7-6 (5) win against wild card Pierre-Hugues Herbert, despite the Frenchmans 23 aces. Cheap Air Max Shoes China . The Professional Referee Organization, which manages game officials for the U.S. Soccer Federation and MLS, notified the Professional Soccer Referee Association of the lockout and said replacement officials will be used.LONDON - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has raised the prospect of Fernando Torres leaving the club before the transfer window closes, saying the Spain striker may be ready to "try a new life, a new club, probably a new league." Torres joined Chelsea from Liverpool in January 2011 for what was then a British-record fee of 50 million pounds (then $81 million), but has struggled to command a regular starting place for the London club.dddddddddddd Amid reports Torres could join Italian club AC Milan, Mourinho said Friday "if he wants to leave . I believe it is to try and be happier than he was in the last couple of years." Mourinho said he wants to keep hold of Torres, who hasnt featured at all this season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz