Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 33 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

06.11.2019 02:41
celebrate this honour Antworten

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Diamondbacks have extended the contracts of manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers. Contracts for both had been set to expire after the coming season. The team would not divulge the lengths of the contracts or even whether the lengths were the same for both. Team President Derrick Hall said after Mondays announcement that Gibson and Towers asked that the length of the deals be kept secret. "I dont understand why the contracts of people in management are public knowledge," Towers said. "Its between myself, Derrick, (managing general partner) Ken (Kendrick) and Gibby." Last October, the team declined to exercise options to extend both contracts, but Hall said he has felt all along that the Diamondbacks shouldnt go into the season with the two facing the last year of their deals. "Theres constant distraction and a labeling of whos on the hot seat," Hall said, "Are they feeling the pressure?" Besides, Hall said, "These are guys I have a lot of confidence in." In fact, Hall said he probably would have preferred to have the extensions in place sooner. He said that when the contracts werent extended last fall, it was with the understanding that there would be talks on a new deal for both. Gibson and Towers have had three full seasons together, and their most successful was their first. The Diamondbacks won 94 games in 2012 and took the NL West title before falling to Milwaukee in five games in the divisional playoffs. Arizona has gone 81-81 each of the past two seasons. "Im certainly very excited," Towers said, "as is Gibby. This is a place where we hope we get to spend the rest of our careers at." Gibson, a standout football player at Michigan State, played 17 seasons in the majors, 12 with the Detroit Tigers. He signed with the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1988, earning the NL most valuable player award. In the playoffs that season, he hit one of the most memorable home runs in World Series history. Playing virtually on one leg because of a severe knee injury, Gibson hit a game-winning, two-run home run off Oaklands Dennis Eckersley in Game 1, limping around the bases and pumping his fist in triumph. The Dodgers went on to win the series. Gibson was hired as Arizonas bench coach in 2007 and was named interim manager when A.J. Hinch was fired on July 1, 2010. Towers, former GM of the San Diego Padres, came on board as general manager in September of that year, and one of his first decisions was whether to keep Gibson as manager. He did and the team went on to have that highly successful 2010 season. But the Diamondbacks stumbled the next two seasons in the vastly improved NL West, with pitching-rich San Francisco winning in 2012 and the just-plain-rich Dodgers taking it in 2013. Towers said he wants to develop "a ball club that not only has a chance to win the NL West but hopefully go deep into the post-season." "I dont take these things lightly," he said. "There are only 30 of these jobs." He said that the jobs "arent easy" and require the confidence of the clubs top executives and ownership. Towers said that going into the final year of a contract probably would have been more of a distraction for Gibson, given the high public profile of the managers job and his duties directing a teams day-to-day operation. Pitchers and catchers report for spring training at the Diamondbacks Scottsdale facility on Thursday. They are the first team to begin spring training because of Arizonas early season-opening two-game series against the Dodgers in Australia. Towers has said the team wants to acquire a No. 1 starter, but added on Monday "theres not too many of those guys out there." "The markets not the same as it was two months ago," he said. Penguins Jerseys 2019 .com) - Avery Bradley scored 21 points and the Boston Celtics beat the Brooklyn Nets, 89-81. Wholesale Penguins Jerseys .Brooks, a three-year veteran, was slow to get up after suffering the injury during a 5-yard run by Arian Foster.Brooks limped off the field midway through the quarter and then slowly walked to the locker room a few minutes later. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/. -- Jim Furyk was 10 shots worse and right where he wanted to be Saturday in the BMW Championship. Pittsburgh Penguins Store . INJURIES - Cardinals 1B Matt Adams has been put on the DL with calf tightness, resulting in some lineup shifting, with Allen Craig moving from right field to first base, so that the Cardinals could bring up top prospect Oscar Taveras, who was the No. Fake Penguins Jerseys . Peko, a fourth-round pick in 2006, started all 16 games and a playoff loss to San Diego last season. He was second on the line with 72 tackles and had a career-high three sacks.COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- Greg Maddux and Tony La Russa will not have logos on their Hall of Fame plaques. The decision was announced Thursday by the Hall, which said Joe Torres plaque will have the logo of the New York Yankees. Plaques for Tom Glavine and Bobby Cox will have Atlanta Braves logos, and Frank Thomas will have the logo of the Chicago White Sox. The six will be inducted during ceremonies on July 27. The managers were elected last month by the Halls expansion-era committee and the players were chosen this month by the Baseball Writers Association of America. Of the 300 previous Hall members, 86 have caps with logos and 42 dont have caps. Maddux began his big league career with the Chicago Cubs from 1986-92, winning the first of his four Cy Young Awards in his final season at Wrigley Field. He was with the Braves from 1993-03, winning Cy Youngs in his first three seasons in Atlanta, then returned to the Cubs from 2004-06. He also played for the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Diego Padres from 2006-08. "I feel good about it, I spent half my career in Chicago and half of my career in Atlanta," Maddux said during a news conference in Arlington, Texas. "I love both places. Obviously, I feel like I had more success as a Brave. We did get a World Series there, but I kind of came up a Cub. For me, I couldnt pick. I really couldnt. ... So Im going to go in neutral, I guess." Hall President Jeff Idelson said a logo makes sense for those "whose most compelling contributions clearly took place with one team" and not having a team logo is "equally acceptable" for those whose careers were built significantly among multiple teams. "Regardless of the selection, a Hall of Famer belong to every team for which he played or managed, as well as every fan who followed his career," Idelson said. La Russa managed the Chicago White Sox (1979-86), Oakland (1986-95) and St. Louis (1996-11), winnning World Series titles in 1989, 2006 and 2011.dddddddddddd. "The Chicago White Sox gave me my start in the game as a big league manager for my first eight seasons in my 33-year managerial career," La Russa said. "In Oakland, we recorded four first-place finishes in 10 years, winning three pennants and a World Series. And in St. Louis, our clubs won three pennants and two titles in 16 years. Its the totality of the success of each of those three teams that led me to Cooperstown, so I am choosing to not feature a logo so that fans of all clubs can celebrate this honour with me." Torre managed the Yankees from 1996-07, winning Series titles in 1996 and from 1998-00. He also managed the New York Mets (1997-81), Atlanta (1982-84), St. Louis (1990-95) and the Dodgers (2008-10). "When I became the manager of the New York Yankees, it was an opportunity to realize my lifelong dream of winning the World Series," Torre said. "We were fortunate enough to succeed in our first season in 1996, and in the years that followed, we wrote some great new chapters in Yankee history." Decisions were relatively simple for the others. Glavine pitched for the Braves from 1987-02 and in 2008, spending 2003-07 with the Mets. Choosing the Braves was easy for Glavine, who said he knew it had to be a tough decision for Maddux because of his time with the Cubs. Still, Glavine is surprised about Maddux choosing no logo. "It still was a lot of fun for me to be his teammate," Glavine said before the annual dinner of the Boston chapter of the BBWAA. Cox managed the Braves from 1978-81, managed Toronto from 1982-85, then returned to Atlanta as general manager. He became the Braves manager again in 1990 and stayed through 2010, leading Atlanta to 14 straight division titles and a World Series championship in 1995. Thomas was with the White Sox from 1990-05, then split 2006-08 between Oakland and Toronto. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz