Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

07.11.2019 02:09
off in the first half Antworten

BRADENTON, Fla. - Coming off their first playoff appearance in 21 years, the Pittsburgh Pirates were eager to start spring training. Several players have been training regularly at the Pirate City complex since early January. When 36 pitchers and catchers held their first official workout on Thursday, a half-dozen position players were there, too. The Pirates won 94 games last season and advanced to the NL division series, their first post-season berth since 1992. They were eliminated by the St. Louis Cardinals in the decisive Game 5. "Were still hungry," catcher Russell Martin said. "We did some special things last year, but everybody was disappointed with how it finished. I dont know what all the experts are saying, but I consider myself an expert and I think were going to do better than we did last year." They will have to do it without veteran right-hander A.J. Burnett, who has agreed to a one-year, $16 million deal with the Philadelphia Phillies. Burnett made 61 starts and won 26 games over the past two seasons with the Pirates. After hearing that Burnett chose not to return to Pittsburgh, Martin sent a text message to his former teammate. "I wished him well," Martin said. "I hope he stays healthy and has a good season ... and, hopefully, well meet him in the playoffs and beat him." Many players admitted they were surprised and disappointed about Burnetts departure. Others preferred to look ahead. "Weve got to move on," reliever Mark Melancon said. "You cant live in the past. This is a new year and anything can happen." Even without Burnett, the Pirates have the makings of a solid starting rotation. Left-hander Francisco Liriano, who went 16-8 with a 3.02 ERA, is the likely opening day starter. Gerrit Cole (10-7, 3.22) and Charlie Morton (7-4, 3.26) also return. Wandy Rodriguez missed most of last season due to a sore left forearm. He is scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Friday and is expected to be ready for the start of the season. "Physically, hes coming along very well," general manager Neal Huntington said. "Were going to take it slow with him this spring, so hes kind of on a different program than the other guys. But, hes healthy and feels good." New arrival Edinson Volquez, who signed a $5 million deal in December, and Jeff Locke could battle for the No. 5 job. The 26-year-old Locke won eight straight starts in the first half of the season and made the NL All-Star team. However, he went 2-5 with a 6.12 ERA over his final 12 starts and was shut down in September. "Making the playoffs last year meant a lot to us," Locke said. "The fans in Pittsburgh and the rest of the baseball world hadnt seen it in a while, but I know the 25 guys in our clubhouse knew it was something we could do. Were not under anybodys radar anymore, but I think the 25 guys this year will be up to the challenge." NOTES: The Pirates signed LHP Yao-Hsun Yang to a minor league contract, which includes an invitation to spring training. Yang, 31, made nine outings last year in the minor leagues in Japan. Clearance Soccer Jerseys . The mood in Seattle was electrified as the parade featuring the NFL champions began near the Space Needle and made its way to CenturyLink Field, the home of the team. At a ceremony inside the stadium, the team thanked its loyal followers -- the 12th Man -- capping a day of boisterous celebration that drew an estimated 700,000 revelers to Seattle. Soccer Jerseys China . -- Derek Jeter spoke for 25 minutes, 44 seconds and answered 26 questions about his decision to retire at the end of this season. https://www.soccerjerseyschina.us/. The 24-year-old Raley was 0-2 with a 9.00 ERA for Chicago in his first two career starts after being called up from Iowa on Aug. 7. He was optioned to Iowa on Monday after losing 3-0 to Cincinnati in Chicago on Sunday. Soccer Jerseys Outlet .com) - The Vancouver Canucks recovered from a fluke goal early last time out to knock off one of the top teams in the league. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . Armstrong was given the rank of "Chevalier" -- or Knight -- in the "Legion dHonneur" in 2005, the last year of his seven consecutive Tour de France victories.DUBLIN, Ireland -- Ireland winger Keith Earls will miss the entire Six Nations after scans confirmed his left knee injury was serious and he will be sidelined for up to eight weeks. Earls sustained medial ligament damage in the knee and limped off in the first half of Munsters 38-6 win over Edinburgh in the Heineken Cup on Sunday. He signed a two-year contract extension with Ireland only this week, and was due to join the team on Sunday. The injury was the latest blow for the 39-cap winger who hasnt played for Ireland since last years Six Nations. Another knee complaint, patella tendinitis, ruled him out of thhe autumn internationals.dddddddddddd He regained fitness and form until bad luck struck again. Dave Kearney, Fergus McFadden, Luke Fitzgerald and Andrew Trimble will compete for the wing spots in the Six Nations home opener against Scotland on Feb. 1. Meanwhile, No. 8 and former captain Jamie Heaslip signed a new three-year contract extension with Ireland on Thursday. In turning down overtures from Toulon, Heaslip joined Earls, captain Paul OConnell, Sean OBrien and Rory Best in rejecting moves to France. Heaslip, a member of the British and Irish Lions last two tours, has 60 caps since 2006. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz