Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

11.11.2019 02:42
save in the series Antworten

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Luol Deng has never once forgotten home. He has spent much of his adult life trying to give back to his native South Sudan, the war-torn African nation the Cavaliers forward and his family fled when he was a young boy. And while Dengs contributions have touched many, he knows the work will never end. "I wish I could wake up tomorrow and nobody needs help," Deng said. "But we all know thats not going to happen. Im just happy to be in the position that Im in to be able to do the things that Im able to do." On Tuesday, Deng was commended for his compassion and dedication when he was named the winner of the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award, given annually to an NBA player, coach or trainer for outstanding community service. Deng has had a long commitment to philanthropic work in South Sudan, which gained independence in 2011 but has been ravaged by ethnic violence. The two-time All-Star, who came to Cleveland in a trade from Chicago in January, recently recorded a public service announcement for EnoughProject.org, urging peace in his homeland. In a video directed at the nations youth, Deng says, "Look around you, and reach out. Make peace among those who are fighting. Forgive one another and encourage others to forgive. Build trust with people who fear each other. You are young, and if you are wise, you will build bridges with people your age that will last a lifetime." The video is a small sample of Dengs attempts to help others. The 29-year-old also has established The Luol Deng Foundation, a global non-profit organization using basketball as a platform to bring hope to those less fortunate in Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States. His work in Africa has focused on the construction of outdoor courts and initiatives to bring together local communities. His charity work in the U.S. has been focused primarily on his two NBA homes -- Chicago and Cleveland. He has funded holiday events in the cities, providing meals and toys to the needy. He has served as a mentor to the "Lost Boys of Sudan" and supported the NBAs "Basketball Without Borders" program. Deng is the third Cleveland player to win the award, joining Austin Carr (1979-80) and Eric Snow (2004-05). He also joins an illustrious list of past winners, including Dave Bing, Isiah Thomas, Julius Erving, Magic Johnson, Dikembe Mutombo, David Robinson, Kevin Garnett and Steve Nash. The award is named after the leagues second commissioner. Dengs journey to pro stardom is almost unbelievable. One of nine children, he and his family left Sudan and lived as refugees in Egypt before going to England. Cavs coach Mike Brown was fully aware of Dengs background before the forward came to Cleveland. Brown was thrilled that Deng was honoured. "Its well-deserved," Brown said after practice. "From what hes come from and his life experience is off the charts. He told me about it and I was touched. To see where he is now, and for him to know my job is not done, I was one of the fortunate ones. Because of where I am, I have a platform to help bring awareness for others. "Its a remarkable thing. I dont know how he does it. You applaud him. Obviously, you applaud his parents for raising him the way they did. Its an amazing story. I would be surprised if his life story doesnt turn into a Hollywood movie deal someday. Its that special." Deng finds greater reward in helping others. "Its one of those things when I talk to my parents about it, theyll be very proud," said Deng, who has been slowed by a sore back. "I dont have any kids, but its one of those things where, when you have a kid and your kid calls home and tells the parents what award he won, theyll be proud that theyve done a good job. "Its all about helping other people and just doing what makes you happy in life." Cheap NFL Jerseys China . -- Washingtons Bradley Beal seemed to make every shot he took in setting a career high with 37 points. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping .ca. In addition to the game being aired in its entirety on CTV Two Vancouver Island and TSN.ca, TSN2 will also have coverage of Whitecaps FC immediately following NASCAR Sprint Cup Series: Toyota Owners 400. https://www.chinajerseysnfl.us/. The commissioners office said Friday that Sears tested positive for metabolites of Methandienone. Sears will be 23 in March. He signed with the Braves in June 2013 out of Arizona Christian, an NAIA school, and is on the roster of the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Braves. Nike NFL Jerseys Outlet . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. NFL Jerseys China . He left in the 4th inning of Saturdays game against the Tigers after experiencing tightness. Reyes and the team still hope that he will be ready for Opening Day in Tampa Bay in one week.LOS ANGELES -- The Cardinals have been this close to the World Series before, and they dont want to blow it this time. St. Louis got home runs from Matt Holliday and pinch-hitter Shane Robinson -- the first of the NL championship series -- and beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 4-2 Tuesday night for a 3-1 lead in their best-of-seven playoff. The Cardinals have lost the NLCS both times they owned such a commanding lead, most recently last season when they dropped three in a row to San Francisco, the eventual World Series winner. "Thats something that we thought last year -- up 3-1 and all we have to do is win one more and were there," closer Trevor Rosenthal said. "But that didnt work out, so weve just got to keep the same approach." With a quick turnaround for Game 5 Wednesday afternoon in Los Angeles, the Dodgers will try to forget the loss, and hope the Cardinals remember their recent past failures. "We get into a Game 7, those things (losing a 3-1 lead) will creep into their heads over there," Dodgers infielder Adrian Gonzalez said. "Our goal is definitely to push this to a Game 7." Joe Kelly will start Game 5 for the Cardinals, looking to clinch their 19th pennant. The Dodgers will turn to Zack Greinke, and if he can help deliver a win, theyll call on ace Clayton Kershaw for a potential Game 6 back in St. Louis. "Ive got one of the best pitchers in baseball pitching tomorrow," manager Don Mattingly said. "If we come out here and play well tomorrow and get a win, Ive probably got the best pitcher in baseball pitching the next day." The Dodgers hope star shortstop Hanley Ramirez can again start despite a broken left rib. He left in the middle of the sixth after striking out three times. "It felt worse than yesterday," Ramirez said. "It makes me angry." Cardinals infielder David Freese came out after six innings for defence. He left Mondays game with a cramp in his right calf, but manager Mike Matheny said Freese was fine. In a series starved for offence, the Cardinals scored as many runs as they did in the first three games combined, when the teams totalled nine. Hitless in his previous 22 at-bats at Dodger Stadium, Holliday drove a two-run shot off Ricky Nolasco an estimated 426 feet to left field, capping a three-run third inning that gave the Cardinals a 3-0 lead. "Thats about as good as I can hit one," said Holliday, who was 0 for 13 in the series before connecting. "I wasnt really doubting my swing at all. I felt actually really good with myy at-bats.dddddddddddd Sometimes in this game you dont always get the results that you want even if you feel like youre having good at-bats, so I just wanted to stay with it," he said. Seeking a second World Series title in three years, St. Louis turned three important double plays and picked off a runner at second base in the seventh. Defensive standout Pete Kozma, inserted at shortstop in the sixth, started a difficult double play and darted in to complete the pickoff. "A great heads-up play by him," Matheny said. "Then it has to be natural instincts and athleticism by (reliever) Carlos Martinez, and I dont know many guys pull that off. He has such athletic moves. Hes quick in everything he does. Then to have the guts to wheel and let it fly like that in a game like we have right now, its off the charts." Second baseman Matt Carpenter also keyed St. Louis sharp work with the gloves, one night after some sloppy play was costly in a 3-0 defeat. Carpenter had an RBI double in the third that scored Descalso, who hit a leadoff single. Carpenter came around on Hollidays homer after there were none in the first three games for the first time in NLCS history. Martinez pitched two scoreless innings to help nail down the win for starter Lance Lynn, who allowed two runs and six hits in 5 1-3 innings. He struck out five and walked three. Trevor Rosenthal got three outs for his second save in the series. After a leadoff single by Andre Ethier in the ninth, Yasiel Puig grounded into a double play. Juan Uribe struck out to end it, leaving the Dodgers on the brink of elimination. Robinsons home run bounced off the top of the wall in left field on a 1-0 pitch from J.P. Howell with one out in the seventh, extending the Cardinals lead to 4-2. "For a little guy, hes got surprising power," Holliday said. "I mean, honestly, hes got some thump." The Dodgers were down 4-2 in the seventh when Nick Punto doubled with one out. Martinez, however, picked off Punto before throwing another pitch and then retired Carl Crawford on an inning-ending groundout. "It was a lonely place to be," Punto said. Trailing 3-2, the Dodgers put the potential tying run on base in the sixth when Puig singled to chase Lynn. Uribe grounded into a double play against Seth Maness to end the inning. Nolasco allowed three runs and three hits in four innings. He struck out four and walked one. "I felt my stuff was good for the most part," he said. "Just that one pitch was the difference in the game." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz