Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

12.11.2019 02:13
since April 25, 2013 Antworten

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Geno Smith appears not ready for prime time, and Mark Sanchez might not be ready for the opener. Now what for the New York Jets? Well, they have less than two weeks to solve their big quarterback question before they face Tampa Bay on Sept. 8 in the regular-season opener. "We said from Day 1 that there was no timetable on us announcing a starting quarterback," coach Rex Ryan said Monday. And, theres no rush, of course -- except when you consider that the preseason is nearly over and the Jets still have no clarity on the situation. Smith was given an opportunity to possibly seize the starting job last Saturday against the Giants, but came up with a dismal performance that included three interceptions and taking a safety when he stepped out of the back of the end zone. Sanchez, who appeared in great shape to win the competition, is now recovering from a shoulder injury suffered in garbage time against the Giants -- and could keep him out for the start of the season. It is conceivable, of course, that the Jets could keep everyone -- the media, fans and opponents -- guessing until the Friday before their game against the Buccaneers. "Well probably have our decision before that," Ryan said. "But as we said, were not going to rush the decision until were completely comfortable with that decision. And, well stay with that. "Hey, I dont know what else to say about it." Ryan is probably a bit surprised hes even still talking about the competition at this point. After all, it was deemed an "open competition" that would be decided when one of the quarterbacks had elevated himself above the other. But, it has been so tightly contested that there was no clear opening, an opportunity for most observers to say, "Thats the guy." Until Saturday night. Thats when Smith showed his inexperience in his first NFL start with some jitters, mistakes and missteps through three-plus quarters. "It (was) pretty uneven," Smith said. "I had some ups and downs. Its all a part of the learning curve." Its a curve that could continue through Thursdays game against Philadelphia and into Week 1 against Tampa Bay. Ryan said the Jets havent yet determined whos playing against the Eagles, but Sanchez will certainly not. Many fans and media assumed Sanchez, with a solid camp and preseason performance, had clinched the starting job after Smiths performance. But then, Ryan wanted to see more of Sanchez, who went into the game and had his right shoulder crunched by Marvin Austin after completing a pass with less than 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter. Sanchez is day to day with the injury, which neither he nor Ryan would detail. Sanchez is staying positive, though, about potentially being ready for the season opener. "Thats the goal," Sanchez said. "Every injury is different. Its all subjective at this point, and Im going to do everything I possibly can. Thats all I can promise." Sanchez refused to speculate about possibly losing the starting job, which he has held since coming into the league in 2009, because of the injury. He also wouldnt go into what type of rehabilitation process he faces. "Emotionally, youre just upset, and thats really where your heads at," he said. "Youre just upset to be hurt. You never want to be hurt. You work too hard to get hurt and its just a bummer. So, you just rebound, rehab your butt off and get back as soon as possible." And, if hes not ready to go against Tampa Bay, the starter could be Smith -- by default. One things for sure: It wont be either Greg McElroy or Matt Simms, who has had an impressive camp while competing for the No. 3 job. Smith has shown some promise this preseason, and come a long way with improving his footwork and picking up Marty Mornhinwegs offence. The Jets claimed they needed much more film on Smith to better evaluate him after he sat out a game with a sprained ankle, and they certainly got it against the Giants. "With Geno, there was the good, the bad and the ugly," Ryan said. The good was the two scoring drives he led in the 24-21 overtime win, including a 22-yard touchdown pass in the first quarter. The bad was the interceptions, although Ryan credited Justin Tuck for making a "great play" on one of them. As for the ugly, that was the safety when Smith lost track of his surroundings on the field. Despite all of that, Smith insisted that if the decision came that he would be the Week 1 starter, hed be ready to lead the Jets. "Yes, I am," he said. "Ive been working hard, extremely hard this off-season. Im preparing myself to be a starter Week 1 and if Im given the chance, Ill be prepared for it." Sanchez, meanwhile, wouldnt say whether he thought he had won the starting job before his injury. "I feel like Ive put together a great camp and its been my best camp," he said. "That decision is going to be up to the coaches. So, well see." ---- NOTES: WR Santonio Holmes, taken off the physically unable to perform list last Friday, participated in positional drills as he works his way back from a foot injury suffered in Week 4 last season. ... CB Antonio Cromartie (hip) rode a stationary bike, along with Sanchez, CB Dee Milliner (calf) and NT Kenrick Ellis (back), during the 30-minute window of practice the media could watch. Gary Sheffield Dodgers Jersey . But unfortunately for the Niagara Falls, Ont., native, a pulled muscle wouldnt allow him to go past the second set. Japan sealed its victory over Canada in the first-round Davis Cup tie after Nishikori downed an ailing Dancevic 6-2, 1-0. Hyun-jin Ryu Jersey . Bouchard went down to a 1-6, 6-1, 6-2 defeat at the hands of Svitolina in her opening match at the Sony Open on Friday. Bouchard got the rivalry going two years ago when she won the junior Wimbledon title over Svitolina. https://www.cheapdodgersonline.com/. Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema scored two goals each Wednesday night in a 6-1 rout of Schalke in the first leg of their second-round matchup. "We played a very, very good match," Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said. "We got well into the match, scored two early goals and that opened the game and left us able to counter and to use the speed of our players. Maury Wills Dodgers Jersey . The former Edmonton Oilers defenceman was with the St. Louis Blues in training camp on a professional tryout. Whitney, 30, had four goals and 13 points in 34 games with the Oilers last season. Steve Howe Jersey . The 24-year-old Pruneau played his CIS football with the Montreal Carabins. The six-foot, 200-pound Montreal native had 41 tackles, 3.NEW YORK -- Jose Bautista decided it was time to take charge, not with his bat but with his feet. The Toronto slugger stole second base without a throw with two outs in the ninth inning and scored when Dioner Navarro hit a go-ahead single, lifting the Blue Jays over the New York Yankees 5-4 Sunday for their first series win in the Bronx in nearly two years. "I just took a chance and said Im going to try and take a hop step when he comes set, and if he doesnt fake, Im going to run," said Bautista, who chose to run on his own against David Robertson. "He went to the plate, and I had the easiest stolen base. I got in scoring position early in the at-bat for Dioner." Robertson (1-3) blamed himself for letting Bautista run just ahead of Navarros liner to centre field. "I just let him slip. I didnt think hed be going, Robertson said. "I just didnt have my sharp stuff." After snapping a 17-game skid at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, Toronto did not relent in the humidity even when it wasted three leads. The Blue Jays won for the seventh time in 10 games following the All-Star break -- the same record as the Yankees. But their first series win in New York against the AL East rival since Aug. 27-29, 2012, sent Toronto to Boston with a one-game lead over the Yankees for the second AL wild card. "Within our team, its more of a statement that we wont accept losing to anybody, because we are known as a team that doesnt give up and always battles and tries to come back from any game that were in," Bautista said. Aaron Sanchez (1-0) gave up Carlos Beltrans tying RBI hit in the eighth. Munenori Kawasaki had put Toronto ahead with a sacrifice fly that followed Dellin Betances two-base error on a pickoff attempt. "My cleat got stuck," Betances said. "As soon as that happened I had a feeling I was going to throw it away." Juan Francisco homered off Shane Greene leading off the fifth to put Toronto up 2-0. But Chase Headley hit his first homer with the Yankees, a drive off J.A. Happ, and two pitches laater Francisco Cervelli hit his first homer in 15 months to tie it in the sixth.dddddddddddd Casey Janssen pitched the ninth for his 16th save. Derek Jeter made two nice stops at shortstop and Brendan Ryan, a shortstop playing second base, also flashed some impressive leather while playing in Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki. The injured star was on the East Coast for a second opinion on his hip flexor from a doctor in Philadelphia. Bautista had a run-scoring grounder to first base after Jose Reyes led off the game with a single and Melky Cabrera doubled. Francisco led off the fifth with a drive into the second deck in right field for a 2-0 lead. But Happ gave it all back in a three-pitch span in the bottom half. First, Headley hit a drive deep to left. With a 1-0 count, Cervelli sent a shot to right-centre that glanced off a leaping Cabreras glove and hit the top of the right-field wall. Cervelli hadnt homered since April 25, 2013, a span of 65 at-bats. Rausmus put Toronto back up with a double to left-centre in the sixth, chasing Greene after 5 1-3 innings. "I got to have a short memory, but that one hurt," Greene said of the pitch to Rasmus. Greene allowed eight hits and three runs in his second straight difficult outing after beginning his career as a starter with two outstanding outings. Brian McCann evened it when he beat out a hit to Kawasaki, the second baseman who was playing in right field as part of a shift. NOTES: The Yankees have given up 43 unearned runs this year. They allowed 38 all last season. ... The Blue Jays designated RHP Esmil Rogers for assignment for second time this year. He did not make an appearance since his recall Tuesday from Triple-A Buffalo. ... Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira (back strain) hit off a tee and soft toss, and fielder grounders. Manager Joe Girardi said Teixeira is still day to day. ... Up next: The Blue Jays are at the Boston Red Sox. R.A. Dickey (8-10) will start Monday. The Yankees head to Texas for three games. David Phelps (5-4) pitches for New York. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz