Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

14.11.2019 02:12
went to third on an error Antworten

TORONTO -- Corey Chamblin could win another 10 football championships and never duplicate the one he earned this year with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. The Roughriders successfully shouldered the weight of heavy expectations and overcame adversity in 2013, capping the year with a dominant 45-23 Grey Cup win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Nov. 24. The title was Saskatchewans fourth but first on home soil before a rabid Mosaic Stadium gathering of 44,710. "There will never be a more perfect night in football than that one," the Riders head coach said. "When we walked out and saw all that green, Ill tell you, it wasnt just a home game, it was more a homecoming. "Youll never replicate that. Many people are talking about repeating and all that, and I say well never be able to do what we did this year again. It was too special." The Riders were rewarded for that accomplishment by sports editors and broadcasters across the country, who voted them The Canadian Press Team of the Year for 2013. "Thats amazing," said Riders GM Brendan Taman, "Thats quite an honour." The Grey Cup champions earned 28 per cent the vote to edge out Canadas Davis Cup tennis team (23 per cent). The Vanier Cup-champion Laval Rouge et Or were third with 14 per cent while the Memorial Cup-winning Halifax Mooseheads earned 13 per cent. "They are Canadas team and their Grey Cup win in front of their home fans capped a Cinderella season for the Riders," said Bob Irving, the sports director at CJOB radio in Winnipeg. "Canadas Team wins the Grey Cup in its home province," added Montreal Gazette sports editor Stu Cowan. "Might never happen again. Enough said." Its the second time the Riders have been named team of the year. They also captured the honour in 07 after beating Winnipeg 23-19 in the Grey Cup. Saskatchewan is the second CFL champion in three years to be named the countrys top team following the B.C. Lions in 2011. Running back Kory Sheets was a one-man show in the Grey Cup with a record 197 yards rushing and two TDs for MVP honours. Slotback Chris Getzlaf, a Regina native, was named top Canadian with three catches for 78 yards. But it was Taman who built a team capable of winning a championship at home. In January, he acquired veteran slotback Geroy Simon from B.C., then in free agency signed defensive ends John Chick and Canadian Ricky Foley as well as outspoken defensive back Dwight Anderson. All four were previous Grey Cup champions and proven veterans who were expected to provide leadership to an already solid existing core. In October, Taman gambled by acquiring rush end Alex Hall from Winnipeg. Hall had a CFL-leading 15 sacks at the time but was slated to become a free agent in February with plans to pursue NFL opportunities. Although he never showed it, Taman admits the expectations weighed on him. "It was one of the toughest years that way since Ive been in the business and Ive been in it 26 years," he said. "That was the most pressure Ive felt but I kept a lot of that within, which probably wasnt healthy, however externally I never really admitted to it too much." For years, Simon was the No. 1 receiver in B.C., but assumed more of a supporting role in Saskatchewan. Although Simon became the CFLs all-time leading receiver this season, he was fourth on the Riders with 40 catches for 565 yards and three TDs. But against Hamilton, Simon had three receptions for 67 yards and his first two Grey Cup TDs. Foley, Chick, Anderson and Hall all helped Saskatchewans defence establish itself as the CFLs stingiest, allowing a league-low 22.1 points per game and finishing tied for the interceptions lead (24). And in the opening half of the Grey Cup, the unit held Hamilton to just three yards rushing and five first downs as the Riders surged to a commanding 31-6 advantage. Saskatchewan opened the season emphatically, posting an impressive 8-1 record. Anchoring the Riders start was Sheets, who ran for 100 or more yards in the clubs first six games and seven of eight, amassing over 1,000 yards at the halfway point of the season. But after opening September with a 48-25 win over Winnipeg, the Riders dropped four straight. Whats more, Sheets suffered a knee injury in a 31-29 home loss to Toronto on Sept. 14 and then later in the month Anderson and receivers Taj Smith and Eron Riley were arrested and charged with aggravated assault following a bar fight. "I think its healthy to go through a little adversity during the season because it makes you stronger down the road," Foley said. "No panic button was pressed but after we lost four in a row going on that road trip, a lot of veterans just said, Ok, enough is enough, this has got to be it." The turning point of Saskatchewans season came Oct. 4 at B.C. Place. Sheets returned to run for 80 yards and two TDs, Anderson registered one of three interceptions while Foley had two of five sacks in the Riders 31-17 road victory. "To me, thats when I knew this team had a chance to go all the way," Taman said. "When we went into a tough place to play and knocked them off and we got our running back back, thats when I knew this team had the chance to do something special. "Deep down I thought if we won this game this team is back, were back to that 8-1 team and we were." A fact not lost on Foley, named the top Canadian in Torontos 2012 Grey Cup win over Calgary. "I remember in that locker-room before the game how focused and intense we were," he said. "Darian (Riders quarterback Darian Durant) is our pre-game speech guy and he says what we need to hear and for some reason that day he pointed to me and said, Get em, and I went off. "I took a page out of (former Argos teammate) Adriano Bellis book and flipped the tables over during the pre-game speech and knocked everything over. I apologized to the guys I got Gatorade on afterwards but I think that was the turning point of our year when everybody came together in all three phases." Saskatchewan (11-7) finished its season losing two straight, including a 29-25 road decision to Calgary (league-best 14-4) for top spot in the West Division. But another big win over B.C., 29-25 in the Western semifinal, set up a conference final rematch with the Stampeders at McMahon Stadium. Saskatchewan emerged with a 35-13 victory as Sheets ran for 177 yards and a TD while Durant threw for 280 yards and three touchdowns. And then there was the Grey Cup, and the boost the Saskatchewan players received playing before the sea of green that was Rider Nation at venerable Mosaic Stadium. "What topped it all off was that it was here," Taman said. "If wed won this in Toronto or Vancouver, flying back wouldve been cool but we just literally won the game right here with all our fans sitting in that crowd. "It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing." For Chamblin, the full scope of the Grey Cup victory hasnt fully sunk in. "Not until I get that ring," he said. "Every once in a while I lean over to my wife and tell her, We won the Grey Cup. "We treated it as the next game and thats why we didnt let it get too big for us. Once I see the ring, Ill really feel like, you know what? We won the championship." Foleys third career Grey Cup win -- his first was with B.C in 06 -- was decidedly different than the 2012 championship he earned with Toronto. "In Toronto with coach (Scott) Milanovich, we never spoke about the Grey Cup at all," Foley said. "But coach Chamblin always addressed us Good morning champs, and at first I didnt know how to take it because we hadnt won anything. "But I think because we addressed the issue of pressure and the objective early on, once we beat Calgary at McMahon there really wasnt a celebration because it felt like this was what we were supposed to do. We expected to be there and then with the Grey Cup at home, instead of having pressure it was more like an advantage." And for Getzlaf, the opportunity to realize a childhood dream. "As a Saskatchewan kid, to play professional football for the team you grew up cheering for is special in itself," he said. "Then to have an opportunity to get to the Grey Cup and win it on home soil, I dont think that will sink in for a while. "When you go out on top in front of your own fans whove waited a long time for a situation like that, its such an amazing feeling." However, Getzlaf isnt resting on his laurels. "Oh no, its back to the grind," he said. "Im already back to the gym trying to make my body right to hopefully do it all over again." For Chamblin, that means aiming for another championship but not a repeat. "Repeating means doing the same thing and we cant do that," he said. "What we did will forever be etched in our minds . . . it really tested our mettle and allowed us to grow." NFL Jerseys . A police inspector told The Associated Press the crane operator is not yet suspected of any wrongdoing but is considered a key witness to the accident at the Arena Corinthians. Soccer Jerseys . "Its not done, but its a huge step," Hannover general manager Dirk Dufner said. Poor defending allowed the visitors to score in the second minute, when Leon Andreasens header from Christian Panders cross sent the ball inside the far post. https://www.cheapjerseysjustwholesale.com/. -- Canadian mens rugby coach Kieran Crowley has made four changes to his starting roster for Saturdays Pacific Nations Cup clash against the United States. Adidas Jerseys . But its also a smart game. Theres more to the Kings than banging bodies. They take a toll mentally on their opponents. Cheap Jerseys . And, just for good measure, lets say the lottery team finishes the game short-handed because two starters come down with the very same injury.BOSTON -- It was only fitting that a batter who was by a pitch scored the winning run. Beanballs were the theme Friday night as the Red Sox and Rays had another AL East rumble, with Boston earning a 3-2 victory on A.J. Pierzysnkis RBI triple in the 10th inning that drove in Jonny Gomes. The Red Sox rushed out of the dugout -- for once not to possibly fight their division rivals -- and celebrated their fifth straight win following a 10-game skid. A chunk of Bostons coaching staff had to watch the comeback from the clubhouse, where they were sent during a string of ejections in the latest testy game between the clubs, which included a bench-clearing scrum in the fourth inning. "When we have four people ejected and also have three people hit by pitches, and they have none, thats a hard one to figure out," said Boston manager John Farrell, who was the first of three Boston skippers to get tossed. His two successors joined him later along with starting pitcher Brandon Workman, who was tossed in the sixth after a throwing a high pitch that sailed behind Tampa Bay slugger Evan Longoria. Farrell was still irked after the game that Tampa Bay ace David Price was not ejected. Farrell objected after Prices first pitch to David Ortiz hit him in the hip, setting the tone for the night. Plate umpire Dan Bellino immediately issued a warning to both benches, which irked Farrell enough to get him out of the dugout, then quickly ejected when he crossed Bellinos threshold. "There is intent to that pitch. As emphatic as Dan Bellinos warning was, it sure seemed like Dan Bellino felt like there was intent as well," Farrell said. Ortiz felt it was retribution for two homers he hit off Price in the playoffs last year. "If youre mad because I take you deep twice, let me let you know," Ortiz said during a postgame rant about Price. "Ive got almost 500 homers in this league. Its part of the game, son." There was much more to come, including a bench-clearing scrum after Price plunked Boston first baseman Mike Carp in the fourth. No punches were thrown and the only ejection was to Red Sox bench coach Torey Lovullo, who threw down his hat and burst into an argument when he learned Price wasnt tossed. Price said the pitch to Carp was not intentional. "Thats not something Im trying to do," Price said. "I had six lefties in the lineup today. Ive got to be able to throw my fastball in." Crew chief Jeff Kellogg explained to a pool reporter why Price wasnt tossed after the warnings and his second hit batter. "If we feel there was intent to hit the batter, he would have been ejected," Kellogg said.dddddddddddd "We felt the pitch was certainly inside but not intentional. So thats why he stayed in the game." Andrew Miller (2-4) got the win. Juan Carlos Oviedo (1-2) took the loss after hitting Gomes, who was ejected Sunday when the Rays and Red Sox cleared the benches in Tampa Bay. "I thought it was a great game. I thought it was handled great on the field by the umpires," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. "Its always going to be felt from the perspective of the sides. Im going to defend the Rays and theyre going to defend the Red Sox." These teams have a long history of bad blood, and Friday night was the latest chapter. Boston retaliated in the sixth when Workman threw behind Longoria, who was visibly upset. Longoria and Pierzynski had a conversation at home plate, and a handful of players from both dugouts ventured a few steps onto the field, but no trouble ensued. Workman was ejected and third base coach Brian Butterfield was automatically tossed with him, leaving hitting coach Greg Colbrunn as the fourth Red Sox skipper of the night. The last-place Rays had won five straight against the Red Sox, including a three-game sweep last weekend that extended Bostons losing streak to 10 in a row. The Red Sox vented some of the frustration during a bench-clearing dustup Sunday at Tampa Bay. David DeJesus led off the game with a double and went to third on an error by Grady Sizemore in right field. Ben Zobrist followed with a fielders choice that allowed DeJesus to score and give Tampa Bay a 1-0 lead. The Rays added a run in the fifth when Escobar led off with a double and scored on an RBI single by DeJesus. Boston cut it to 2-1 in the fifth on two-out singles by Xander Bogaerts, Dustin Pedroia and Ortiz. Bogaerts added an RBI double to tie it at 2-all in the seventh after Jackie Bradley Jr. led off with a single. Price left after seven innings, allowing two runs and six hits. He struck out six, walked one and hit two batters. NOTES: Boston RHP Rubby De La Rosa is scheduled to make his first start of the season Saturday against Tampa Bay RHP Jake Odorizzi (2-4). ... Price entered with a 6-1 record at Fenway Park. ... With Prices no-decision, Tampa Bay starting pitchers have gone 12 straight games without a victory. ... The Rays activated Ben Zobrist (thumb) from the 15-day DL and started him at second base. ... Boston placed 1B-C Ryan Lavarnway on the 15-day disabled list with a broken bone in his left hand and recalled OF-1B Alex Hassan from Triple-A Pawtucket. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz