Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

15.11.2019 02:21
on either side of him Antworten

NICE, France -- Real Sociedad winger Antoine Griezmann staked his claim for a World Cup starting spot with his first international goal for France, only for midfielder Victor Caceres to do likewise and earn Paraguay a 1-1 draw with an 89th-minute header Sunday in Les Bleus penultimate warm-up game before heading to Brazil. Griezmann has impressed since recently breaking into the team and the substitute put the hosts ahead in the 82nd minute with an assured finish, curling the ball into the right corner after collecting it on the left side of the penalty area. France had the majority of possession but Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud missed several chances and failed to add to his international tally after scoring twice against Norway in a 4-0 win on Tuesday night. "Were not going to win all of our games 4-0," Deschamps said. "We made the breakthrough after creating a lot of chances against a team defending deep in numbers. We dropped too deep and they equalized." Deschamps rested striker Karim Benzema and winger Franck Ribery, who has a back injury. French media have reported that he could be doubtful for the World Cup. "We will do everything we can for him to be ready for the Jamaica game next Sunday," Deschamps said, referring to Frances last friendly before going to Brazil. Deschamps made three changes from the Norway game, with Loic Remy replacing Griezmann on the left wing, Bacary Sagna taking Mathieu Debuchys slot at right back and Hugo Lloris returning in goal. Remy had Frances first chance, side-footing wide after Mathieu Valbuena had played him in down the left side of the penalty area. Giroud had the next chance, using his body well to shield the ball, before spinning and hitting a low shot that was blocked. Lloris was called into action midway through the first half when he gathered a low shot from veteran striker Roque Santa Cruz. France hit back moments later and midfielder Paul Pogba drilled a shot just wide, and then Giroud held the ball up down the right before floating a cross over to Remy, whose scissor-kick volley flew wide. Remy and Giroud combined well throughout the match, and Giroud headed wide from Remys cross at the start of the second half. Giroud then crossed from the right only for Valbuena to nod the ball wide. Valbuena had set up Giroud for a headed goal against Norway, and almost did so again only for goalkeeper Anthony Silva to tip the forwards looping header over the crossbar. From Valbuenas corner, Silva saved yet another Giroud header. After Caceres scored with his first goal in 55 appearances for Paraguay, Giroud almost netted the winner right at the end as his astute chip went just over. Fake Air Max 720 . The Nuggets leading scorer, Lawson is characterized as day to day by the team. Hes averaging 17.9 points and 8.9 assists. Lawson suffered the injury late in Denvers win Sunday at Sacramento. Cheap Air Max 97 Wholesale . 1 and reigning champion Caroline Wozniacki was among Thursdays third-round winners, while second- seeded Victoria Azarenka pulled out of the draw at the $4. http://www.wholesalenikeshoesclearance.c...-270-black.html. He still wanted out. "It just seemed like the direction they were going didnt fit what I thought my career was going to be," Kesler said. "At the end of the day I want to win a championship and I want to win it now, and four years is a little too long for me. Kobe Bryant Shoes Sell . -- Crystal Webster avoided elimination at the 2013 Capital One Road to the Roar Olympic pre-trial curling tournament with an 8-5 win over Amber Holland on Thursday. Cheap Air Max 95 China . Compared to what hes gone through in recent weeks, that seemed like a breeze. Speaking to The Associated Press on Friday at an NBA Cares event, Silver said hes thrilled that the leagues attention can be on the championship series between the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs -- and not, as it was for so much of the post-season, on the off-the-court matters involving the banishment of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling and now the looming sale of that franchise.TORONTO -- Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, the former American boxer who became a global champion for the wrongfully convicted after spending almost 20 years in prison for a triple murder he didnt commit, died at his home in Toronto on Sunday. He was 76. His long-time friend and co-accused, John Artis, said Carter died in his sleep after a lengthy battle with prostate cancer. "Its a big loss to those who are in institutions that have been wrongfully convicted," Artis told The Canadian Press. "He dedicated the remainder of his life, once we were released from prison, to fighting for the cause." Artis quit his job stateside and moved to Toronto to act as Carters caregiver after his friend was diagnosed with cancer nearly three years ago. During the final few months, as Carters health took a turn for the worse, Artis said the man who was immortalized in a Bob Dylan song and a Hollywood film came to grips with the fact that he was dying. "He tried to accomplish as much as he possibly could prior to his passing," Artis said, noting Carters efforts earlier this year to bring about the release of a New York City man incarcerated since 1985 -- the year Carter was freed. "He didnt express very much about his legacy. Thatll be established for itself through the results of his work. Thats primarily what he was concerned about -- his work," Artis said. Born on May 6, 1937, into a family of seven children, Carter struggled with a hereditary speech impediment and was sent to a juvenile reform centre at 12 after an assault. He escaped and joined the Army in 1954, experiencing racial segregation and learning to box while in West Germany. Carter then committed a series of muggings after returning home, spending four years in various state prisons. He began his pro boxing career in 1961. He was fairly short for a middleweight, but his aggression and high punch volume made him effective. Carters life changed forever one summer night in 1966, when two white men and a white woman were gunned down in a New Jersey Bar. Police were searching for what witnesses described as two black men in a white car, and pulled over Carter and Artis a half-hour after the shootings. Though there was no physical evidence linking them to the crime and eyewitnesses at the time of the slayings couldnt identify them as the killers, Carter was convicted along with Artis. Their convictions were overturned in 1975, but both were found guilty a second time in a retrial a year later. After 19 years behind bars, Carter was finally freed in 1985 when a federal judge overturned the second set of convictions, citing a racially biased prosecution. Artis was also exonerated after being earlier paroled in 1981. Carter later moved to Toronto and became the founding executive director of the Association in Defence of the Wrongly Convicted, which has seccured the release of 18 people since 1993.dddddddddddd Win Wahrer, a director with the association, remembers Carter as the "voice and the face" of the group. "I think its because of him that we got the credibility that we did get, largely due to him -- he was already a celebrity, people knew who he was," she said. "He suffered along with those who were suffering." Though Carter left the organization in 2005, the phone never stopped ringing with requests for him, Wahrer said. "He was an eloquent speaker, a passionate speaker. I remember the first time I ever heard him I knew I was in the presence of a man that could move mountains just by his presence and his words and his passion for what he believed in," she said. Carter went on to found another advocacy group, Innocence International. "He wanted to bring people together. That was his real purpose in life -- to get people to understand one another and to work together to make changes," said Wahrer. "It was so important for him to make a difference. And I think he did. I think he accomplished what he set out to do." Association lawyer James Lockyer, who has known Carter since they were involved in the wrongful conviction case of Guy Paul Morin, remembered how Carter called him just before sitting down with then-president Bill Clinton for a screening of his 1999 biopic "The Hurricane." The call was to ask for advice on how to bring the U.S. leaders attention to the case of a Canadian woman facing execution in Vietnam. "Even though this was sort of a pinnacle moment of Rubins life -- to sit at the White House with the president and his wife on either side of him watching a film about him -- he wasnt really thinking about himself," said Lockyer. "He was thinking about this poor woman who was sitting on death row in Vietnam that we were trying to save from the firing squad." The film about Carters life starred Denzel Washington, who received an Academy Award nomination for playing the boxer turned prisoner. On Sunday, when told of Carters death, Washington said in a statement: "God bless Rubin Carter and his tireless fight to ensure justice for all." Carters fight continued to the very end. Never letting up even as his body was wracked with cancer, Carter penned an impassioned letter to a New York paper in February calling for the conviction of a man jailed in 1985 to be reviewed -- and reflected on his own mortality in the process. "If I find a heaven after this life, Ill be quite surprised. In my own years on this planet, though, I lived in hell for the first 49 years, and have been in heaven for the past 28 years," he wrote. "To live in a world where truth matters and justice, however late, really happens, that world would be heaven enough for us all." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz