Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

19.11.2019 03:43
Chelsea and Liverpool. Antworten

TORONTO -- Paul Ranger really likes pizza. Not just any pizza, but the kind that he can get from the Riverside Restaurant in Cornwall, Ont., with his uncle. Now in Toronto and closer to family than he was as a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning years ago, he can spend time away from the rink debating what pizza joint is best and finding balance in life. Because of that, Ranger has begun to write the second chapter of his NHL playing career and was named the Maple Leafs Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy nominee for "perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey." Ranger learned that he was chosen for that honour Wednesday morning, 49 games into what he considers the renewal of his career more than four years after abruptly leaving the Lightning for personal reasons he still wont reveal. What the 29-year-old does say about version 2.0 of his hockey-playing life only hints at why he left and what made him come back. "What makes it easier for my second go-round is just that experience on how to handle different pressures from the outside, pressures on the ice and really just how to go about it and live your life and balance," Ranger said. "Balance is huge. It makes for a much healthier lifestyle. It makes for a much healthier, I think, mind, on the ice, as well." On the ice, the defencemans game is still rounding into form but isnt quite as good as hed like it to be. But his mind seems to be at peace with the sports importance in his life because Ranger has been able to spend time reflecting and placing value on different things. "You get away, you try different things, you do different things, you focus on other areas of your life that you love and that make you good," he said. "Too much of one good thing it can kind of become a mental battle sometimes. ... When you have that balance, everything seems to work a lot more smoothly, a lot more comfortably and positively." One of those positives is family, like being able to have his mother and father closer than they were when he was in Tampa. Friends make the support group even bigger. "Once in a while Ill get to see some of my closest friends, my high-school friends, my best friends," he said. "Everyone needs a break outside of work and outlets for different parts of life, and thats one of them for me." Outlet from what, exactly, Ranger wont say. Asked at the end of a 13-minute conversation with reporters to shed even a bit of detail on what caused him to leave the Lightning early in the 2009-10 season, he politely but firmly responded: "No. Im not willing to go there. Thank you, though." In general terms, Ranger repeatedly talked about "challenges" on and off the ice. That included playing last year for the AHLs Toronto Marlies, then signing a one-year deal with the Leafs and making the team out of training camp. "Lots of challenges, but when you overcome them, thats the coolest part of it," Ranger said. "Thats the most fun. You look at yourself in the mirror and say you did it. And thats huge, for everybody. Every person in the world goes through that kind of thing at some point in their lives, and I think its important to be able to challenge yourself and to recognize and give yourself some credit." Ranger noticed and appreciated the credit and recognition opponents around the league and former teammates have afforded him this season. He took special pride in reconnecting and building "genuine" relationships with a couple of players he spent time with in Tampa, too. Very little of Rangers time talking about his journey back to the NHL had anything to do with hockey, other than to say it has been a success. The Whitby, Ont., native said he never had any doubts about returning after such an extended absence. "No. This is the right thing for me to do," Ranger said. "This is the thing for me to do to grow and to overcome all the challenges that Ive had on and off the ice. This is the path, and Im committed to it. "I cant really put it all into words, but this is it. Its going to help me until I reach 150 (years old) and riding my Sea-Doo around somewhere and Im going to look back and smile and just say I did it." As hes in the process of doing it, hes earning respect along the way. "When a guy misses that amount of time and claws himself (onto a roster) and grabs an opportunity, youve got to take your hat off to him," Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said. "Any individual thats gone through what hes gone through, now hes playing the highest level of hockey there is in the world and hes earning his stripes." Whether earning those stripes means Ranger will be back with the Leafs next season is unclear. He insists he hasnt pondered that possibility and immediately brought the focus back to the present and what he and his teammates need to do in the final games of the season. Even if the Leafs season ends without a playoff berth, thats not the end of Rangers world, though he brought up Wednesday that he has a theory on how to win a championship in a city like Toronto. Hes just not willing to reveal that quite yet, either. "I cant say Ive figured it out because it hasnt been put to the test yet," he said. "But I just know for me it works. Im in no way ready to comment on it. This is something that perhaps I would tell you after we win the championship." Anthony Banda Jersey . - The infectious smile was missing from Nam Nguyen last week. Tampa Bay Rays Store . As Valanciunas was whistled for a rare technical toward the end of the third quarter - a result of waving his hand at an official after being called for a foul - Lowry pulled the Raptors sophomore aside, corralling him by his jersey and patting him on the back. https://www.cheapraysonline.com/776i-jal...y-rays.html.com) - The Carolina Panthers won for the first time in seven games last week, were without Cam Newton due to a car accident this week, but somehow sit atop the much-maligned NFC South. Tampa Bay Rays Pro Shop .com) - Cincinnati Reds pitcher Mat Latos had an arthroscopic procedure performed on his right elbow last week, the teams official site reported Wednesday. Anthony Banda Rays Jersey . His recovery time is expected to be six to eight months. Seidenberg was injured in the third period of Fridays 5-0 victory over the Ottawa Senators, when he got his leg tangled with forward Cory Conacher.Two new managers, Manuel Pellegrini for Manchester City and David Moyes for Manchester United will remember their first experience in the Manchester derby very differently. Pellegrini saw his star striker Sergio Aguero boss the game from the front, using his speed and skill to fire home two goals on the way to a 4-1 victory for the home side. Midfielders Yaya Toure and Samir Nasri also provided goals for City and were huge parts of pressing the attack and not allowing United to find a way back into the game. One of Citys offseason additions, Alvaro Negredo was a handful for the United backline and although he didnt find the score sheet was influential throughout the contest. "Its an important game for the team," said Pellegrini. "And for the fans they will be happy for the month now." Though they have looked uneven at times to start the season, the victory over United moves City two points shy of the top of the table. Moyes was forced to play the game without his number one offensive weapon when Robin van Persie was ruled out of the game with a groin injury. His side was under the gun from the start of the game and had trouble dealing with the City attack immediately. They held out for the majority of the opening half and looked as though they were going to trail only 1-0 at the interval when Toure scored just before the break. Five minutes into the second half the advantage was doubled and the game was over. Wayne Rooney, who was Uniteds best player during the match, scored a beautiful free-kick goal in the 87th minute to get his team on the board. "Its horrible to lose the derby, its always horrible. Its worse when you lose in this way," said United captain Nemanja Vidic. Moyes can take heart in the fact that legendary former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was beaten 5-1 at Maine Road in his first Manchester Derby. "Ive made them aware of what I think," said Moyes when asked what he told the team. The first axe of the season has faallen as Sunderland has sacked manager Paolo Di Canio after a winless start to the season that has seen them pick up only one point.dddddddddddd "The club would like to place on record its thanks to Paolo and his staff and wishes them well for the future," said Sunderland in a statement. Despite helping the team avoid relegation last season, Di Canio remained a controversial appointment for Sunderland and its fans. Di Canio had already been fined £8,000 for an outburst at a referee that saw him sent off. Kevin Ball, a former Sunderland captain, has been put in temporary charge, with a League Cup game on Tuesday. North London rules the top of the table as both Arsenal and Tottenham are on 12 points, two points clear of Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Mesut Ozil was brilliant again for the Gunners as they rode to a 3-1 victory over Stoke City at the Emirates Stadium. He had a hand in all three goals and was credited with two assists for his efforts. Aaron Ramsey fired home the rebound of an Ozil free-kick in the fifth minute, Per Mertesacker converted an Ozil corner in the 36th and Bacary Sagna headed home an Ozil free-kick in the 72nd. "The only thing of our position at the moment is that we are in a position where we can focus on improvement in a stable environment, so thats a good basis," said Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger. Meanwhile Spurs, courtesy of an injury time winner from Paulinho, claimed a 1-0 victory over Cardiff City. Tottenham dominated the contest with little to no push back from their opponents but it looked as though they were going to have to settle for just a single point. With time winding down, Erik Lamela found Paulinho who tapped home the winning marker. "We played so much football it would have been unfair to leave here with only one point," said Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas. Other winners included: Chelsea, Everton, West Bromwich Albion, Hull City, Southampton, Aston Villa and Swansea City. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz