Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Kontakte
Cl11234566 Offline

25.11.2019 03:10
definitely not make or break Antworten

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Petersons booking on a child abuse charge Saturday has created another crisis for the embattled NFL, already derided for not responding strongly enough to acts of domestic violence by its players. It also has touched off a national debate about the role of corporal punishment in parenting. In the eyes of a Texas grand jury, Peterson crossed the line when he repeatedly struck his son with a tree branch, or switch, in May. Petersons attorney has said he has never run from what happened -- and that Peterson was inflicting the same discipline he endured as a child. "Obviously, parents are entitled to discipline their children as they see fit, except when that discipline exceeds what the community would say is reasonable," Montgomery County Prosecutor Phil Grant said about 12 hours after Peterson was booked and released from jail and released on $15,000 bond. He is charged with causing injury to a child age 14 or younger. Peterson, one of the NFLs most popular players and widely considered one of the best running backs to ever play, flew from Minnesota to Houston in the early morning hours after authorities indicted him on Friday evening. He has a home in both locations. The Vikings almost immediately decided to deactivate him for Sundays game against the New England Patriots, and NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said on Saturday that Petersons case "will be reviewed under the NFLs personal conduct policy." The situation comes as the NFL proceeds with a self-commissioned investigation by a former FBI director into how it handled the case of Ray Rice, who knocked his then-fiancee unconscious in an Atlantic City elevator. Rice was released Monday from the Baltimore Ravens after a video surfaced that showed the violence. The NFL said it hadnt seen the video before then, but a law enforcement source told the AP it was sent to a league executives office in April and provided a voice mail confirming it was received. Unlike Rices situation, Petersons case is complicated by his stance that he meant his son no harm but rather was applying the same discipline he experienced growing up. "Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son. He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in East Texas," Petersons attorney, Rusty Hardin said. Steve Eudey, who coached Peterson as a young boy in Palestine, Texas, and has remained a family friend, said he has heard stories from Peterson about his father Nelson "being a firm disciplinarian." "Some of the things his dad did to him was to make him tough," Eudey told The Associated Press. Eudey said he had yet to speak to Peterson since his arrest, but said his actions were consistent with the type of upbringing he had. "I will go to my grave defending Adrian, but at the same time you cant harm a child, either," Eudey said. "I know that was never his intent." Grant, the Texas prosecutor, said the grand jury felt the charge was warranted after spending several weeks reviewing "lots of evidence." Its not unusual for people subjected to physical discipline as children to use corporal punishment against their own children, experts say, and courts will sometimes consider that as a mitigating factor when sentencing an abuser. Peterson faces up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine if found guilty. News of Petersons charges led several prominent athletes to tweet about their experiences with corporal punishment when they were children. "Am I the only one that got hit with a switch? I had to go outside and pick my own switch. It taught values, respect (and) accountability," former NBA star Tracy McGrady said. But he later qualified those remarks, tweeting, "Disciplining a child is vital. Of course any early physical punishment should be within reason, not overboard, and inside certain boundaries." While the legal process plays out, the NFL is facing a potential test case for the tougher penalties it declared last month for players involved with domestic violence. Commissioner Roger Goodell announced an initial offence will draw a six-week suspension without pay, though "more severe discipline will be imposed if there are aggravating circumstances such as the presence or use of a weapon, choking, repeated striking, or when the act is committed against a pregnant woman or in the presence of a child." It is not clear if Petersons case will invoke those penalties. Corporal punishment is legal in Texas, and the law spells out that non-deadly force against a child by a parent or guardian is permissible. But the punishment is abusive if it causes injury. While a blow that causes a red mark that fades in an hour is not likely to be judged abusive, a blow that leaves a bruise, welt, or swelling, or requires medical attention, could be judged abusive. The childs injuries will likely be under scrutiny as the case proceeds. The guidelines also say while spanking with the bare, open hand is least likely to be abusive, use of an instrument "is cause for concern." The Vikings jumped ahead of the NFL and the legal system by shelving Peterson for the game Sunday. Two other teams -- Carolina and San Francisco -- have taken heat for allowing players involved in alleged recent domestic violence incidents to continue to play. The team -- and the league -- will likely face scrutiny as they decide whether Peterson returns to the field as the legal process plays out. As of Saturday, no decision had been made about his outlook this season, and no court date had been set in Texas. Yennsy Diaz Blue Jays Jersey . This week, topics cover the World Series champion Red Sox, John Farrell and what to look forward to this off-season. Shannon Stewart Blue Jays Jersey . Mark Teahen scored the go-ahead run in the home seventh on an error by Scott Sizemore, who had knotted the game with a solo homer in the previous half- inning. Paul Konerko then hit an RBI single which proved to be the winning run. https://www.cheapbluejays.com/3596h-roy-...-blue-jays.html. "Win basketball games," Collins said. He will get at least a few more chances. Collins played the final minutes of a winning home debut with the Brooklyn Nets, who cooled off the Chicago Bulls with a 96-80 victory Monday night. Lloyd Moseby Jersey .ca. Hello Kerry, After watching Nino Niederreiter clobber Alex Burrows with an open-ice hit on Wednesday, do you think he should have gotten more than the two minutes for interference. Breyvic Valera Blue Jays Jersey .Voegele will next play Anna Schmiedlova of Slovakia, who saved 10 of 16 break points to defeat Annika Beck of Germany 7-6 (6), 6-4.Also, Marina Erakovic of New Zealand defeated eighth-seeded Caroline Garcia of France 6-2, 4-6, 6-4.PENTICTON, B.C. - Hunter Shinkaruk has a second chance to make a first impression.The 19-year-old left-winger was selected by the Vancouver Canucks 24th overall at the 2013 draft when Mike Gillis was the teams general manager and John Tortorella was its head coach.Shinkaruk was among the final cuts at training camp last season before being returned to the WHLs Medicine Hat Tigers, where he suffered a hip injury that eventually ended his year.Now back healthy, and with both Gillis and Tortorella gone after Vancouvers disastrous 2013-14 season, Shinkaruk has an opportunity to start fresh in the organization that drafted him.With so many new people in the upper management and the coaching staff youve got to come in and show them what youre all about, said Shinkaruk. Last years camp is basically out the window. It doesnt matter too much. Ive got to come in and play my game and let them know what kind of player I am.First impression is pretty huge in any profession so Ive just got to go out there and do my best.Shinkaruk is among the players taking part in the Canucks four-team rookie tournament in Penticton that also includes prospects from the Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets.Canucks GM Jim Benning and head coach Willie Desjardins will have lots to mull over, including a number of players like Shinkaruk who they had no part in drafting.I think youve just got to come in and play your game, said the outgoing Shinkaruk. Obviously we all have an opportunity to catch the GM and coachs eye, and thats what youve got to do. Weve got to go out there, have fun, but most of all, play our game. Im sure if I do that everything will work out well.Shinkaruk played just 18 games last season for the Tigers before undergoing surgery on his hip after being cut from Canadas world junior hockey camp, but in his 2013 draft year the five-foot-10, 185-pound Calgary native amassed 37 goals and 49 assists in 64 games.Obviously last year was a pretty emotional year, said Shinkaruk. I went through a lot. It feels really good to be back on the ice and know my hips 100 per cent.Among the other players under the microscope at the rookie tournament who should be at the Canucks training camp when it gets underway on Thursday are centre Bo Horvat and right-winger Nicklas Jensen.Horvat was selected ninth overall in 2013 with the pick the team received in the trade with the New Jersey Devils for goaltender Cory Schneider, and like Shinkaruk, he knows hes starting from scratch.Im just playing my game, playing a good two-way game and making a good first impression on the new (coaches), said 19-year-old from Rodney, Ont. This is the first time some of them have seen some of us play and this tournament is a good opportunity to show our stuff and show them why we deserve to be here.Travis Green coaches the Utica Comets, Vancouvers AHL affiliate, and is in charge of the Canucks rookie team. The former NHLer has been impressed with Horvat, who had 30 goals and 44 assists in 54 games with the OHLs London Knights in a 2013-14 campaign that included a spot on Canadas world junior team.Hes a real good player, without a doubt. He does a lot of good things that go unnoticed, said Green, who coached against Horvat when he was behhind the bench of the WHLs Portland Winterhawks at the 2013 Memorial Cup.dddddddddddd. Hes a guy that you know is going to play the right way. He doesnt cheat to make offence. He just plays a good 200-foot game. I really like him as a player.Its possible Shinkaruk could be sent to the AHL if he doesnt make the Canucks, but its either the NHL or back to junior for Horvat, who might get a nine-game tryout with Vancouver to start the season before his entry-level deal kicks in.For me I just dont want to make things too cute — just play my game, play the way I got noticed in the first place, he said. I cant play out of my comfort zone. Ive got to play the way that got me here.The six-foot, 206-pound Horvat gets extra attention from fans and media because of the goalie controversy that precipitated the draft-day trade that brought him to Vancouver, but he said its something that hasnt really crossed his mind much recently.Im sure its going to be brought up throughout my whole career, being part of the Schneider trade, said Horvat. I try not to think about it too much. Hes a goaltender, Im a player.Another Vancouver prospect with legitimate NHL aspirations this season at the rookie tournament is left-winger Niklas Jensen. He split time between the Comets and Canucks last season, registering three goals and three assists in 17 NHL games. The 29th overall selection at the 2011 draft, Jensen is at his third rookie tournament — which could be viewed as a slight — but instead hes embracing the opportunity.Youve got to show up and prove that you want to be here every night, said the 21-year-old from Herning, Denmark. I had a good little run last year but I kind of have to forget about that and start all over and work as hard as you can when you get out there and prove that you want to earn a spot.Like any player looking to make an NHL roster, Jensen know its a numbers game, with maybe one forward spot open on the Canucks after a number of new faces were brought in up front to compete for jobs.If you do as well as they want you to do theyll give you a chance, said Jensen, who has good size at six foot two and 208 pounds. Thats what were all here for, to take that opportunity.Were all fighting for maybe one spot, if (that).Green said its not uncommon for a player to take longer to develop in the professional ranks, as appears to be the case with Jensen.Its a big jump for guys to the NHL at 19, 20, 21, said Green. Sometimes it takes being 22, 23 years old when youre ready to play there full time. Its definitely not make or break time for him.For his part, Shinkaruk is just soaking up the experience, knowing that hes healthy and has a real chance to influence his immediate future in front of a new coach and GM.Its just up to us and how well we play and how hard we come in. I wouldnt have it any other way, he said. If someone told me four years ago Id be trying out for an NHL team and its up to the way I play, I would have taken that and smiled.Its a pretty cool chance that I have and Im just trying to make the best of it.Note: Jake Virtanen, the sixth overall pick in June, is skating with the Canucks prospects but has not been cleared for contact after undergoing shoulder surgery in the spring. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz