Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
Cl11234566 Offline

26.11.2019 04:24
afternoon against Marlins Antworten

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Panthers offensive tackle Jordan Gross is saying goodbye to the NFL after 11 seasons. The Panthers confirmed the three-time Pro Bowl left tackle will announce his retirement at a news conference on Wednesday at the stadium. "Jordan has been a great Panther and he will be missed," Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman said Tuesday in a text message. Cam Newton agreed. The Pro Bowl quarterback said in a text message, "It was truly a pleasure to play with Jordan. He always had my back. He will be missed." Just wholl replace Gross at left tackle is uncertain. Gross, 33, was a first-round pick by Carolina in 2003 and started a franchise-record 167 games. He went to his third Pro Bowl this past season as an alternate. Gross contract had expired with the Panthers earlier this month, but there was still some question as to whether he might agree to return for one more season. He went on vacation with his family last week to Idaho to contemplate whether or not to retire. Gross told the teams website, Panthers.com, that it was the right time to step away. "Ive played a lot of football here, and Ive seen a lot of guys come and a lot of guys go," Gross told the website. "Sometimes it ends well for guys, and sometimes it is not the ending they were looking for." Gross said he didnt want to leave until the team was in good position for sustained success. He believes the team is there now. "There is good, young leadership, there are talented players, and there are guys that really want to work hard and want to win," Gross said. Former quarterback Jake Delhomme, who played with Gross from 2003-2009, called him the "ultimate professional." "He was a hell of a player, and a great gentleman," Delhomme said. "The thing is I dont believe he got the respect he deserved around the league." Delhomme said the 6-foot-4, 305-pound Gross was extremely athletic, humble and driven. "We he was a rookie in 2003, his initial thoughts heading into minicamp were Oh gosh, please dont (stink)," Delhomme said with a laugh. "That was the mentality he always took. It wasnt a fear, but it was a mentality of, hey, Ive got to be good every day. Thats how Jordan prepared every day." Panthers tight end Greg Olsen said he spoke to Gross recently and half-jokingly tried to convince him to return. But he said Gross already had his mind made up. "Hes such a great player and Im really happy for him," Olsen said. "When I talked to him, I know he feels good not only about his body of work and his career, but also the impact he had on this organization. He was always a stand-up guy. He has the respect of all of his teammates. Hes the type of guy you want if youre an NFL franchise." Gross joined the Panthers in 2003 and stepped right in as a starter, helping Carolina reach the Super Bowl as a rookie. However, Gross spent the next 10 years trying to get back, but the Panthers could never make it past the NFC championship game. Gross decision creates a void for the Panthers at left tackle. Bruce Campbell, Garry Williams and starting right tackle Byron Bell are potential replacements, but the team could look for help in free agency or the draft. The Panthers have the 28th pick in the draft. Olsen said it will be difficult to replace Gross after the Panthers went 12-4 this past season, but said young players will have to step up. "Jordan has been top notch for his whole career," Olsen said. "Hes tough to lose. But every year it happens around the league -- you lose players to retirement or injury. You have to move on and fill that role." Wide receiver Steve Smith is the only remaining player from Carolinas Super Bowl team in 2003 that lost 32-29 to the New England Patriots on a last-second field goal by Adam Vinatieri. Gross current and former teammates immediately took to Twitter to comment on the news. Said Smith: "Since 1999 until 2day (at)J2theGross and I have been in same huddle. Today its has stopped I salute JG, great player better man!!! Love ya." Said Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson: "One of the best to ever play in a panther jersey. I wish he would stay but you gotta do what u gotta." Offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz, a former teammate of Gross with the Panthers, wrote that Gross "was an outstanding mentor and Im so thankful he decided to help me when I was a young naive rookie." Air Max 90 Outlet Italia . When the Dallas Mavericks needed to stop a Golden State rally in the fourth quarter, they looked for defensive help from the rookie point guard playing in just his sixth game. Air Max Plus Scontate . Rasmussen didnt have a decision during his four appearances in May, when he gave up two hits and no runs in two innings. Toronto used five relievers while pulling off the second-biggest comeback in franchise history on Friday night, rallying from an 8-0 deficit to a 14-9 win. http://www.airmaxscarpescontate.it/scarp...ezzo-basso.html. The 27-year-old hit .209 in 86 at-bats last year after missing the 2010 season following surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. Air Max 90 Scontate . Showing more spark after not taking enough challenging shots on goal in their 1-0 loss Friday night, the Bruins had 18 shots in the first period after managing just 25 in the entire opener. Luke Glendening cut Bostons lead to 2-1 at 13:20 of the second period before Milan Lucic scored late in the second and Zdeno Chara added a power-play goal early in the third. Vapormax Flyknit Scontate . -- The way Ted Ligety carved into turns looked so easy.MIAMI -- Giancarlo Stanton wasnt happy with his fielding error in the seventh inning, which helped the Texas Rangers tie the game. Stanton wanted to make up for his blunder in right field, but walked the next two at-bats before hitting an RBI single on a 1-2 count with with two outs in the 10th inning and the Miami Marlins beat the Texas Rangers 4-3 Tuesday night for their third straight win. "I didnt like the sliders that were called so I was already fired up about that, I knew that we were in extra innings because of me so I was already fired up about that, so when I saw (Neftali Feliz) dragging in I was just like, You put us in this situation, just make sure youre calm and collected and get us out," Stanton said. Miami (63-62) surpassed last years total of 62. The Marlins moved over .500 for the first time since June 20. Jeff Baker reached with one out in the 10th on first baseman Mike Carps error. Donovan Solanos infield single with two outs moved Baker to second. Neftali Feliz relieved Neal Cotts (2-7) to face Stanton, who singled to right field. "We had the right guy there and he had a heck of an at-bat and hit a bullet to right," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. Sam Dyson (2-0) struck out the side in the 10th. Marcell Ozuna hit his 17th home run and Christian Yelich had three hits for the Marlins. The Rangers scored twice in the seventh to tie it at 3. Rougned Odor opened with a double off the right-field wall and when Stanton misplayed it for an error, Odor circled the bases. Mike Dunn later walked pinch-hitter Daniel Robertson with the bases loaded. Texas threatened in the ninth with Elvis Andrus on third base and one out, but he got caught off the bag when Robertson pulled back on a potential squeeze bunt. "The pitch had nothing to do with it," Robertson said. "The manager makes the call--calls a squeeze--youve got to get it down. If you have to dive, dive. If you have to jump, jump. Youve got to get it down." The Rangers were 1 for 10 with runners in scoring position. "Thats what we definitely have to get better on, driving in runs when theyre out there," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "We put ourseelves in position but we just dont cash them in.dddddddddddd" Marlins starter Jarred Cosart allowed one run and six hits in six innings. Texas starter Miles Mikolas pitched five innings, allowing three runs and eight hits. He struck out six. Robinson Chirinos RBI groundout gave the Rangers a 1-0 lead in the fourth. Ozunas home run tied it in the bottom half. The Marlins took a 3-1 lead in the sixth on an RBI single by Jarrod Saltalamacchia and a sacrifice fly by Adeiny Hechavarria. TRAINERS ROOM Rangers: Washington was hopeful that RHP Yu Darvish (right shoulder inflammation) would be able to return from the disabled list on Aug. 25, but that appears unlikely as Darvish has not picked up a baseball yet. "Im backing off," Washington said. "I dont know whats going to happen. I guess well just have to wait and see." ... RF Alex Rios was scratched from the starting lineup with a bruised right thumb, but came into the game in the ninth inning. Marlins: LHP Dan Jennings (concussion) threw one scoreless inning in his first rehab assignment with Gulf Coast League Marlins on Tuesday. "Everything went good so I think the plan for him is to throw a couple innings in his next outing in the next couple of days," Redmond said. UP NEXT Miami native Nick Martinez (2-9, 5.27) will start for the Rangers on Wednesday afternoon against Marlins RHP Nathan Eovaldi (6-7, 3.96). BROKEN BAT The Marlins Casey McGehee broke his bat over his right knee after striking out in the bottom of the eighth with two runners left on base. "I wish I wouldnt have done it," McGehee said. "I was just frustrated. Obviously it was a big spot in the game. I just really wasnt happy with the at-bat I put out there. At the end of the day Ive got to be a little bit more grown-up than that." RETURN TO FLORIDA Mikolas, who grew up in nearby Jupiter and played at Nova Southeastern University, had a number of friends and family members in attendance. "It was great, friends and family came out," Mikolas said. "All my coaches and teammates from back at Nova came, my high school coach, my high school teammates. It was fun to know that they were out there. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz