Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
Cl11234566 Offline

27.11.2019 07:01
Dickeys last relief appearance Antworten

BEREA, Ohio -- Barkevious Mingos injury has gone from maybe serious to mysterious. Clevelands rookie linebacker remains sidelined with a bruised lung, a "freakish" injury the first-round pick believes he sustained nearly a week ago on the opening kickoff of an exhibition against Detroit. Mingo was hospitalized for two days with the injury, which he said caused him to twice spit up blood and gave him shortness of breath before he was taken out of last Thursdays game. Mingo said he has been symptom free since last week, but its still not clear when he was injured. Mingo will not play in Saturdays preseason game at Indianapolis, and its likely he will be kept of the final exhibition against Chicago as well. On Wednesday, Mingo was seen taking a nap while lying across several chairs in the locker room. After he woke up, he told reporters that he has improved, but that doctors still arent allowing him to practice. He reiterated that he does not think the injury occurred before last weeks 24-6 win over the Lions, and said he had never had those symptoms before experiencing them on the sideline. "Everything is feeling good," Mingo said. "Everyone is happy with the progress and now were just waiting to see what the doctors say, so we can get back." Mingo was last seen by doctors and had more tests on Tuesday, but the No. 6 overall pick has not been cleared to practice and hasnt been told when hell be able to return to the field. For the moment, hes only allowed to observe practice, and doctors have discouraged him from doing any running. Mingo was joined on the sideline by starting outside linebacker Jabaal Sheard, who was held out with an unspecified knee injury. Browns coach Rob Chudzinski did not mention Sheard as one of the players who would miss practice when he was asked for a list earlier in the day. During practice, a team spokesman said Sheard is day-to-day. The sight of Mingo and Sheard standing side-by-side on the sideline with towels draped over their heads had to be concerning to the Browns, who are counting on the pair to rush the quarterback. With Sheard out, Quentin Groves worked with Clevelands first-team defence on the opposite side of Paul Kruger. The Browns will wait for Mingos bruise to heal completely before hes allowed back on the field. Hes promised hell try to be a patient patient. "Im listening to the doctors, listening to the coaches," he said. "Thats all I know." Chudzinski didnt provide much of an update on Mingo. "The timeline nobody really knows exactly," he said. "It is just a matter of how quickly his body heals." Mingo doesnt recall being hit on the opening kickoff last week or remember any significant impact that may have caused his unusual injury. As he waits for medical clearance, Mingo is doing all he can to stay sharp. Hes asking veteran teammates for pointers and offering encouragement as they go through drills without him. He said its not difficult to stay upbeat while watching. "This is what we do as football players," he said. "We listen to our coaches and if they say we want you to run down there and hit that guy on the play, you go down there and hit the guy on the play. If youve got to sit out for a couple weeks or whatever, you sit out and then you come out ready to go." Mingo, who last month signed a four-year, $16.35 million contract with a team option for a fifth year, could only remember missing one game because of injury. He said its weird having to watch. "Thats one thing they (doctors) were talking about," he said. "You feel great but youre not going to be (great), so you might as well rest up." ---- NOTES: DE Brian Sanford was back after his trade to the Seahawks was rescinded when guard John Moffitt failed his physical with the Browns. Sanford flew to Seattle, took a physical and thought he was starting a new NFL chapter when he was told to head back to Cleveland. It was a strange 24 hours. "Experiences like these, you should soak in, because in this league you never know where youre going to be or whats going to happen," he said. "Im just gonna play as hard as I can and hope I can continue my career playing football." ... Chudzinski named Tashaun Gipson the clubs starting free safety alongside T.J. Ward. ... Chudzinski said Clevelands starters will play most of three quarters on Saturday against the Colts, but running back Trent Richardson and others coming off injuries may play less. ... Rookie CB Leon McFadden intercepted two passes during practice. Off White x Retro Air Jordan 1 White Mens . Osmond, of Marystown, N.L., fell in the middle of her routine and placed fifth in the ladies free skate at Iceberg Skating Palace (110.73 points), but that was all the Canadians needed after a strong performance by Kevin Reynolds in the mens free earlier Sunday. Best Jordan 1 Replica . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. Getting Creative The Pittsburgh Penguins will try their best to acquire Ryan Kesler from the Vancouver Canucks before the Trade Deadline. http://www.bestfakejordan1.com/best-fake...womens.html.com) - The Miami Heat stopped a four-game losing streak last time out and thats the same length slide their opponents Wednesday night, the Denver Nuggets, will try to halt when the two teams meet at the Pepsi Center. Air Jordan 1 Black Toe White Mens .com) - On a night the Bulls played without Derrick Rose, it was time for Pau Gasol to take charge. Jordan 1 High Wholesale .A. remained bitter for Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers on the long flight back home to New York.SEATTLE – After a minor setback, back tightness, pushed his expected return back one day, Adam Lind is scheduled to return to the Blue Jays lineup in time for Tuesday nights game in Seattle. Linds bat has been sorely missed against right-handed pitching. Hes posted a .369/.434/.570 slash line against righties. Each of his four home runs and 17 total extra-base hits has come off right-handers. The news is almost as positive on Encarnacion. He will begin a minor league rehabilitation assignment with Triple-A Buffalo on Tuesday night. The Blue Jays are targeting Friday night in Chicago for Encarnacions return. Despite missing more than five weeks with a quadriceps strain, Encarnacions 26 home runs rank as the fifth-most in baseball this season. MILLS ONE AND DONE Left-hander Brad Mills, added to the roster to offer the Blue Jays bullpen depth, pitched 2 1/3 innings in relief of Drew Hutchison in Mondays 11-1 loss to the Mariners. He allowed five runs on four hits and three walks while striking out two. Mills was designated for assignment after the game, a move which removes him from the 40-man roster. In two appearances with the Blue Jays this season (the other, two innings of eight-run ball on July 21 versus Boston), Mills has pitched to an ERA of 27.00. THE DAY AFTER THE EVENING BEFORE Chad Jenkins six innings of work on Sunday marked his longest outing of the season. He threw 73 pitches, tying his second-highest total of the year. During one of his on option stints with Triple-A Buffalo, Jenkins was a starter. He threw a season-high 82 pitches over 5 1/3 innings on May 29. His other 73-pitch appearance came in the game prior, a five inning outing. "A little sore. My backs a little tight. The plane ride obviously didnt help much (Sunday) night," said Jenkins. "Other than that I feel great. I threw today. My arm feels fantastic. Hopefully Ill be ready to go in a couple of days." Never before had the Blue Jays played in a 19-inning game. Never before had the franchise competed for more than six hours in a single day. "Its more fun to know that Im part of Blue Jays history," said Jenkins. "(Pitching coach) Pete (Walker) came in and hes like, Hey, you broke my record. Im like, What record? and he goes, I was the winning pitcher for the longest game and he goes I threw four innings in relief so you not only one-upped me but you did it in a longer game." Just to correct the record, Walker pitched the final three innings of thee Blue Jays 18-inning, 2-1 win over the Angels on July 28, 2005.dddddddddddd Aaron Loup pitched the final inning and got the win in the franchises only other 18-inning game, a 4-3 win over Texas on June 8, 2013. Brad Lincoln had pitched the previous four innings. Jenkins is on his fifth recall of the season. Hes spent more time driving the QEW between Toronto and Buffalo than anyone would care to. Following Sundays game, with the bullpen used up, it would have made business sense to option Jenkins to Buffalo for a fresh arm. The club did add left-hander Brad Mills to the roster on Monday but at the expense of infielder Ryan Goins. "After (Sundays) game, you send him down, that can be a morale killer," said manager John Gibbons. "You know, (with) what he did for the guys." "Its a huge confidence boost to know that Gibby and Pete and all those guys were fighting for me. They wanted me to stay," said Jenkins. "Its a huge pick-me-up because I was sitting there thinking in the bullpen, Well, Im definitely going to get sent down after this game so I might as well go out with a bang. It was nice. We got the W and I got to make a plane flight." DICKEY WAS NEXT Knuckleballer R.A. Dickey would have been the Blue Jays next pitcher had Sundays marathon with the Tigers gone to a 20th inning. "Its been a while since I came out of the pen so I just got myself as hot as I could get myself and just shut it down and was going to start playing catch again with two outs," said Dickey. "But when we got first and third with nobody out (in the 19th), I just was hoping, hoping, and we did. We pulled it off." Dickeys last relief appearance came in his 2012 Cy Young season with the Mets. It didnt go well. He pitched the ninth inning of an 8-5 loss to the Dodgers at Citi Field on July 21 of that year, giving up two runs. Having started on Friday, Sunday was Dickeys bullpen day. He threw his side session prior to the game and also did a heavy weight lift. Hed have done his best. Maybe hed have felt less pressure entering a situation with which he was unaccustomed? Take the "nothing to lose" mentality? "Thats one way to go," said Dickey. "Or the other way is, my teammates have just busted their ass for 19 innings and its up to you now, off the bench cold, to try to help out. There are a bunch of mindsets to try to cling on to. You try to cling to the one that gets you to your happy place." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz