Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
Cl11234566 Offline

03.12.2019 03:11
and hang it above Antworten

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Running back Fred Jackson immediately waved off the Buffalo Bills training staff once the cart pulled up along the sideline. "Yeah, I knew it was out there," Jackson recalled Monday. "And I knew I didnt need it." Sore as his sprained left knee felt a day earlier, Jackson had no intention of being carted off during a game at Miami for the second time in two years. Rather than climb aboard, Jackson grabbed his helmet and headed back on the field, where he proceeded to play a key role in a 23-21 win over the Dolphins. "Oh yeah, I was motivated," said Jackson, still stung by the memory of breaking his right leg at Miami in November 2011. "That was something that ran through my mind yesterday. And I wanted to be out there." Wearing a brace hes had on since first hurting his knee three weeks ago, Jackson persevered in producing a gutty performance that continued to solidify his position as the Bills vocal and inspirational leader. He scored on a 3-yard run in the first quarter after aggravating the injury a series earlier, when teammate Scott Chandler rolled into the side of Jacksons knee on the sideline. And he was still at it in the final minutes. Jackson gained 16 yards on three consecutive carries -- including a 10-yard run to convert a third-and-4 at the Dolphins 28 -- to set up Dan Carpenters game-winning 31-yard field goal with 33 seconds left. He finished with 36 yards rushing and 49 yards receiving in helping the Bills (3-4) snap a two-game skid and win a road game for the first time since Oct. 14, 2012, at Arizona. And dont be surprised to see Jackson playing this Sunday at New Orleans (5-1). "Its definitely sore today," Jackson said. "But I expect to be out there. Ill do everything I can." His teammates would expect nothing less from the seven-year veteran. "Hes got a lot of heart. Hes one of those guys whos a natural leader," guard Kraig Urbik said. "When we need a little pick up or need a little extra, hes always the guy to provide it. Hes one of those guys that we always rally behind." Jacksons resilience is beginning to reflect the identity of a young team that has shown no signs of quit this season despite a series of injuries to key regulars -- including rookie quarterback EJ Manuel (sprained right knee). Buffalos three wins have been determined by a combined 6 points, and four losses determined by a combined 25. And the Bills have either led or been within a score of the lead in all seven games. Thats well ahead of the modest expectations that came with a team that underwent a near top-to-bottom overhaul this off-season and hasnt been to the playoffs in 13 seasons -- the NFLs longest active drought. "Im extremely proud," rookie coach Doug Marrone said. "Were fighting, fighting, fighting. And thats what were going to keep doing. ... Granted, were not happy with the record or where were at, but were working on changing that every single day." Marrone singled out Jackson for the leadership hes provided. "I think Fred is an outstanding pro, and he leads by example," Marrone said. "Theres a lot of youth in him which were very happy with." Youth is a relative term for Jackson. At 32, hes not sure how many more seasons hes got left, or how much longer his wobbly left knee can hold up this season. That leaves him focusing on short-term objectives, such as doing everything he can to turn the Bills into winners this season. "Weve got a great opportunity in front of us right now. And I want to be a part of it," Jackson said. "The confidence in this locker room is sky-high in here. We believe in ourselves. And theres nothing more powerful than a locker room that has confidence in itself." NOTES: Bills LB Manny Lawson (hamstring) is expected to be limited in returning to practice this week after he was hurt Sunday. ... Buffalo has allowed two TDs rushing this season, the teams fewest through seven games since allowing two in 1982, according to STATS LLC. ... The Bills and Broncos are the NFLs only two teams to have scored at least 20 points in each game this season. Fake Vapormax For Sale . Thats 14 consecutive losses to the two-time defending champs, and most of them were over before they even began. Result notwithstanding, Sundays game had a very different feel to it. Vapormax Outlet . 1. CAVALIERS: At 19-20, theyre a mess. Watched the game Tuesday night vs. Phoenix and their defence was poor (107 points and 52 per cent for Suns). Where is the high level play from Kyrie Irving and LeBron James (13 turnovers!)? Kevin Love looks like a man thats wondering what he got himself into. http://www.outletsneakersclearance.com/f...nciaga.html.The Ottawa Senators winger was relegated to a corner seat in the locker-room to allow Daniel Alfredsson to return to his regular stall one last time. Cheap Jordans From China . -- Victor Bernardez tied the game with his second goal in the 95th minute and the San Jose Earthquakes drew 3-3 with Real Salt Lake on Saturday night. Cheap Air Max 90 Wholesale . Hes recovered from a scary injury and cleared to play. Mingo, who was hospitalized with a bruised lung he sustained in an Aug.KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A Wisconsin banker has returned a banner he stole from Royals Stadium during the 1985 World Series.Jerry Kuehl, 50, was a senior at University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire when his roommate scored World Series tickets from an aunt. Kuehl, of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, told The Kansas City Star (http://bit.ly/1tJujXk ) that even though he was a Milwaukee Brewers fan, he cheered for the Royals in their 3-1 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals. Kansas City went on to win the World Series in a seven-game thriller.After the game, Kuehl was standing near the foul pole where the 8-foot-long bunting, with an eagle beneath the word Welcome, flapped. Kuehl couldnt resist. He took the flag off the rail and folded it beneath his jacket.The stolen souvenir hung above bunk beds in Kuehls dorm, and after he graduated, he stored it on a shelf in his basement. Eventually, he started to feel guilty.I just considered it a novelty item at first, he said. Then I realized, I stole thiis.ddddddddddddI never considered myself a person who steals. But it is what it is.On some July 4th holidays, hed take the cloth out of storage and hang it above the front door of his home. When friends asked, he said he borrowed it and intended to return it when the moment felt right.That moment came when the Royals won the Sept. 30 wild card game 9-8 against the Oakland Athletics. Kuehl packed the banner into a Fed Ex box addressed to Kauffman Stadium and sent it along with a letter confessing his crime. He enclosed a $250 check to Royals Charities as restitution.Im having fun all over again, he said. And this time for good reasons, not bad.Royals officials are thrilled Kuehl returned the flag. If they make it to the 2014 World Series, Hall of Fame director Curt Nelson said hell consider making space for the banner along with Kuehls letter.Its a nice little story of redemption, Nelson said.___Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz