Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
Cl11234566 Offline

03.12.2019 03:12
they decided to make Antworten

Graeme Souness reflects on Leicesters remarkable season, how they have ripped up the rule book, where their achievements rank and what the future might hold for the Foxes... In this most incredible Premier League year, would anybody be surprised if Leicester went to Old Trafford, one of the greatest football stadiums in the world, and won the league there?They have already torn up the rule book by the way they play. They have so little possession, players that were relatively unknown, a small budget, but they are the dominant team in the league. Fair play to them. I wouldnt be surprised if they won the title this weekend. I dont think they will, but I wouldnt be surprised.Claudio Ranieri has come up with a system that defies logic. They give the ball away - they have the lowest passing accuracy in the league - and their goalkeeper has passed the ball into the final third 482 times, more than any other player in the league aside from Cesc Fabregas. That would suggest they are a long ball team, but they are a joy to watch.They dont strike me as a basic back to front team, they have far more to their game than that, but the stats suggest they are. They have torn up the rule book.They should not be where they are with the players they have, the size of the club, and the fact they give the ball away so much. Its a remarkable story.They have always got the vast majority of players behind the ball because when they win it their first thought is to turn the opposition back four, which means you dont have midfield players going beyond the strikers and they are always in possession when it breaks down. Its a very simple way of playing but they play it in an entertaining fashion.I was surprised at the start of the season with Ranieris appointment. It was hard on Nigel Pearson to lose his job and he left a wonderful situation for Ranieri to come in and inherit. Ranieri has come up with a system that suits his players. He has looked at them, seen their strengths and weaknesses and it has worked perfectly. They should not be where they are with the players they have, the size of the club, and the fact they give the ball away so much. Its a remarkable story. Graeme Souness Leicester winning the league will be one of the greatest football achievements. Its up there with anything you want to name whether in the Premier League or old First Division.Given the game has moved on and the riches the big clubs have in the Champions League, for a small team today its very different to when Nottingham Forest won the league (1977/78) and then the European Cup (1978/79 and 1979/80). The riches for the big clubs are far greater than in days gone by.The Champions League will be exciting for Leicester next season. You dont know what group of players they will have but they will certainly make an impression and leave their mark. Leicester will be joining Real Madrid and Barcelona in the Champions League next season The added finances that come into the club for winning the league will allow them to have a stronger squad and they will need that to play in Europe as well as the Premier League.This weekend they can win the title and you wont see anything different from Ranieri against Manchester United. He feels he has a group that can go anywhere and win, and so he should, they are top of the league by seven points. If youre not confident now, you will never be confident. Why would they change? They are seven points in front with three games to play. Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri says he cannot believe the position his team are in with three games to go But it will be a different challenge for them. Swansea were ideal opposition last weekend. They were in their armchairs, heads already somewhere else and with a coach who might be not be there next season. It was the perfect game for Leicester.This weekend will be different as they are playing against a Man Utd team who are stubborn, well organised and have something to play for. However, they are going into the game looking in their rear mirror and not seeing anyone.If Tottenham had won the other night they would be there. Now Leicester know they can lose two games and still get there. They could even lose all three and still win it, so they are in a wonderful situation.Watch Manchester United v Leicester live on Sky Sports 1 HD on Sunday from 1pm, or watch for £6.99 without a contract, on NOW TV. Also See: Mahrez: Title race not over The German Leicester Why bookies are fearing Foxes Get a £10 free bet! Wholesale Yeezy 350 .com) - The St. Wholesale Vans For Sale . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. http://www.fakejordancheap.com/wholesale-vapormax-china.html. Robert Griffin III, the No. 2 pick in the 2012 draft, set numerous rookie records and was picked AP Offensive Rookie of the Year for the Washington Redskins. Under Armour Clearance .Shipulin pulled away from Martin Fourcade of France, Simon Eder of Austria and Fredrik Lindstrom of Sweden to finish in 35 minutes 16.8 seconds. Fourcade was 1.2 seconds back in second place to reclaim the overall World Cup lead, with Eder another 0. Air Max 97 Outlet . Lynchs attorney, Ivan Golde, told The Associated Press on Thursday of the plea deal that was reached with the Alameda County District Attorney Office. The plea will be formally entered in court in Oakland, Calif.MINNEAPOLIS -- The wait is almost over. The blockbuster trade that will send Kevin Love to team up with LeBron James in Cleveland will be completed on Saturday, making the Cavaliers an instant favourite in the Eastern Conference and turning Andrew Wiggins into something of an anomaly. When Wiggins is moved from the Cavs to the Minnesota Timberwolves in the deal, he will become just the second No. 1 overall draft pick to be traded without playing a game for the team that drafted him since the ABA and NBA merged in 1976. The only other time it happened was in 1993 when the Orlando Magic traded Chris Webber to the Golden State Warriors for a package headlined by Penny Hardaway. The Cavaliers will also get Anthony Bennett, the 2013 No. 1 pick, from Cleveland and veteran forward Thaddeus Young from Philadelphia in the three-team deal. The Sixers will get Miamis 2015 first-round pick from the Cavaliers and guard Alexey Shved and forward Luc Mbah a Moute from the Timberwolves in the trade, which cannot be announced until Saturday due to a seldom-used NBA rule that prevents draft picks from being traded until 30 days after they sign their rookie contracts. The Webber-Hardaway trade occurred on draft night, allowing both players and both teams involved to leave the venue that night with a clear picture of their respective futures. Wiggins, on the other hand, has endured a much longer, more awkward process. He suited up for the Cavaliers at the Las Vegas summer league even as the rumours of his trade started to swirl. As the summer dragged on, the 19-year-old Canadian who spent one year at the University of Kansas even wore the Cleveland colours in a rookie photo shoot at the start of August. Through it all, he side-stepped questions about where he was headed and steadfastly maintained the rumours didnt bother him. "Anywhere, any team," he said earlier this month when asked about it at a promotional appearance. "I can play anywhere." But Jayhawks coach Bill Self said that he thinks Wiggins has used the Cavaliers decision to trade him as fuel. "I think hes handled everything great. Hes excited," Self said at a basketball camp earlier this month. "I think the whole thing thats been blown out of proportion a bit is that hes been in limbo.dddddddddddd Hes known since the summer that hed be traded. Its OK. In some ways hes looking forward to going to Minnesota." The vast majority of top picks since the merger either have never been traded or were shipped out after spending at least four seasons with the team that drafted them. Bennett, the No. 1 overall pick in 2013 who is headed from Cleveland to Minnesota with Wiggins, is unique in his own right in getting traded after just one year with the team that drafted him. He joins Pervis Ellison, who was traded from Sacramento to Washington after his rookie season in 1990, and Webber, who was traded from Golden State to Washington after one year, as the only No. 1s to be dealt that quickly. That speaks to how highly the Cavaliers, and James in particular, think of Love. His versatility, shot-making, outlet passing and rebounding prowess will be a perfect fit for the James-led Cavaliers, just as it was when the two teamed up at the London Olympics with Team USA. Love spent his first six seasons in Minnesota and has yet to make the playoffs. That lack of success caused him to inform management this summer that he intended to opt out of his contract next July and sign with a contender, so the Wolves started to entertain offers. The Cavaliers jumped into the mix right after James decided to return home and shot to the top of the list of suitors when they decided to make Wiggins, a super-athletic, 6-foot-8 forward, available. Now that he is coming to Minnesota with the added motivation of being an outlier is just icing on the cake in the Wolves eyes. They see two young players with the talent that made them No. 1 picks and the motivation to show the Cavaliers they shouldnt have given up on them this quickly, even if they were getting a three-time All-Star and one of the best offensive players in return. "When all this trade stuff started, I talked to Andrew and Andrew told me, I hope I get traded," Self said. "And Im like, No you dont. And he said, "Coach, I do. Its better for me, knowing my personality and what I need to do, to go somewhere where Im forced to be something as opposed to going in there where theyre going to be patient with me and Im going to be a piece." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz