Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 119 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

21.12.2019 10:09
NHL contracts. Antworten

Were done with the "first season" and 14 teams clear their lockers out today and hit the golf course with eight more to follow in the next two weeks after the first round of the playoffs. Im very excited about the playoffs, particularly in the Western Conference with amazing match-ups, as well as the wonderful local story in the Toronto Raptors. It should be a blast. Here are my predictions, but based upon my lousy prognostications during the NCAA Tournament, you might be better off going the other way on some of mine - particularly with the Raptors, who I hope and pray are able to win an incredibly difficult match-up. EASTERN CONFERENCE: 1. Indiana Pacers vs. 8. Atlanta Hawks: Though theyre struggling, their superior size and consistent defensive effort, as well as experience, will carry the Pacers through in an ugly series. Pacers in five. 2. Miami Heat vs. 7. Charlotte Bobcats: Al Jefferson will be an absolute load for the weak Heat interior defense and the Bobcats are playing with great confidence and togetherness. At the end of the day, though, if the Heat Big Three are healthy and right, theyll find a way as they go along to get into the next playoff gear and slowly, yet effectively, wear down the younger Bobcats. Heat in six. 3. Toronto Raptors vs. 6. Brooklyn Nets: I want to be SO wrong on this Pick. I have confidence that the Raptors can not only compete with the Nets in each and every game of this series. but beat them four times, yet my belief without any sort of emotion is that the Nets superior depth, experience and ability to get this done in the playoff-style five-on-five game will be a significant challenge for the Raps. The Raptors will have to earn every whistle against a team filled with personalities like KG, Paul Pierce, coach Jason Kidd, Deron Williams and Joe Johnson who can be squeaky wheels demanding the grease and get their way often to get over the hump. The Raptors have to outplay, outwork, out hustle, out execute, out defend, out rebound and outcoach them to win this series. Can it be done? Sure, absolutely, but that has to be the mindset. Be sharper, be better, be hungrier. The Nets wanted this matchup because they respect the Raps a whole lot less than they do the Bulls. Why is that? The Bulls compete like crazy on each and every possession and there is no backing down. The Raptors must have the same level of effort and passion throughout that the team the Nets didnt want to face brings and that has to be habit. Ive seen the Raptors do this enough times to know that theyre more than capable of doing it and now its time to make that commitment and ultimate sacrifice that it takes to beat a very deep, talented and experienced opponent. Can they sustain the level of effort its going to take to win it, as well as keep their heads and play that much harder and better when calls dont work out in their favor? Thats a major challenge and Im excited to see them face these obstacles and perform on the bigger stage to succeed. Nets in seven. 4. Chicago Bulls vs. 5. Washington Wizards: Bulls in 7. The grind-it-out Bulls versus the up-and-down, shoot-the-three Wizards. The Wizards bigs in Marcin Gortat and a healthy Nene are playing well, which is huge. John Wall is a load to deal with and they can light it up on the perimeter and veteran depth has been improved with Drew Gooden, Al Harrington and Andre Miller. They can take this series if they dig in and play with increased toughness. I still like the Bulls, they set the tone and make you play their style and slow the pace. The level of physical play and the type of whistle could well determine the winner here. The slow and ugly Bulls and the quick and offensive Wizards. The Bulls by a nose in what should be a fun series. Bulls in seven. WESTERN CONFERENCE: 1. San Antonio Spurs vs. 8. Dallas Mavericks: Theres just too much depth and outstanding offensive ball movement. in what should be a fast paced and entertaining series. I like the Spurs depth here. Monta Ellis will be a tough cover for the Spurs, but their team approach will help. Theyll keep fresh defenders on Dirk and defend the pick-and-pop game well enough to survive. Spurs in six. 2. Oklahoma City Thunder vs. 7. Memphis Grizzlies: This will be a great, physical series. Z-Bo and Gasol will be a load to deal with for the Thunder. The Grizzlies have a knack for playing on a high level in these type of games. Tony Allen and Tyshaun Prince are good perimeter defenders and will be tested here. Kevin Durant has had an MVP-calibre season and I love his big shot-making ability. The Thunder are getting healthier and the brilliant home fans in OKC will make a huge difference. The Pace of play will be a factor and I like the Thunders flexibility to play and win multiple ways. Thunder in seven. 3. Los Angeles Clippers vs. 6. Golden State Warriors: Andrew Boguts condition is a concern for the Warriors, yet the fact that they can play a quicker and smaller pace can be a challenge for the bigger Clippers. The Splash Brothers (Curry and Thompson) are a dynamic backcourt and can win a few games on their own and might have to. The concerns with the late game reliability of DeAndre Jordans free throw shooting will be a neat story to watch and see how Doc Rivers handles this. I look at Jamal Crawford as the X-Factor for the Clips - hes the top-notch offensive answer to the high octane Warrior attack. I just find the Clippers more consistent and better in many respects with their approach so Ill go with them here. Clippers in six. 4. Houston Rockets vs. 5. Portland Trail Blazers: My head tells me the Rockets and yet I want to give my heart a legit say here, as well. I just like the Blazers and the energy they play with. I admire their resiliency and they share the ball exceptionally well. LaMarcus Aldridge is a gifted post player who attracts the double team and the Blazers three-point shooting is so reliant on playing in/out of the post. James Harden is the guy in the series who is the toughest to stop and Chandler Parsons is a major improving talent and they play beautifully off of Dwight Howard. Im curious to see how young point guard Damian Lillard handles himself under the pressure of the playoffs, as well as if Patrick Beverly is ready to go for the Rockets. I look at momentum and emotion being huge factors, as well as streaky play and if the Blazers get hot from three-ball land, they can pull the upset. Portland is one of my favorite basketball towns so what the heck? Blazers. Blazers in seven. Paul Millsap Jersey . Viewers in the Jets region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 6:30pm ct/7:30pm et. The game is also avialable on TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg at 7pm ct. Mike Conley Jersey .com) - The Winnipeg Jets placed defenceman Paul Postma on injured reserve Tuesday. https://www.cheapjazzonline.com/288e-jer...ersey-jazz.html. Better still, its in the same team and there are 13 races left for it to develop. Jazz Jerseys 2021 . "I was so nervous," Hadley said Sunday after winning the Puerto Rico Open for his first PGA Tour victory. "I did not eat well last night. Jeff Hornacek Jersey . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team.The NCAA drops the puck today on their mens hockey tournament and there will be no shortage of Canadians on the ice as 16 teams try to make their first step to becoming National Champions. The tournament includes a total of 109 Canadian players. There are 35 players from Ontario, 35 from British Columbia, 18 from Alberta and seven each from Quebec, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Many of those players are trying to follow in the footsteps of several successful Canadian NHLers who went to college, including four members of the gold-medal-winning Sochi Olympic team: Jonathan Toews (North Dakota), Martin St. Louis (Vermont), Patrick Sharp (Vermont) and Chris Kunitz (Ferris State). "I think that if more Canadian families were exposed to what college can do — as parents for your kid socially, athletically and academically ... I think more people would be doing it," said University of Denver coach Jim Montgomery, a Montreal native who went to Maine and ended up playing 122 NHL games. Among the 945 players to see NHL action this season, 100 were Canadians who played at a U.S. college. Naturally, many went the more traditional road, through the QMJHL, OHL or WHL. But the NCAA is slowly becoming another acceptable way to get there. "Theres no wrong path," Phoenix Coyotes assistant general manager Brad Treliving said. "I think as a Canadian guy you grew up and youre around major junior hockey more, so ... youre closer to it than you are U.S. colleges, but, jeez, theres no wrong answer. Its an individual choice and theres benefits to both." Treliving said major junior hockey is the "quicker" path to the NHL because it has more of a pro-style schedule and grind. But others point to colleges 40-game season as a better chance for some players to develop. Theres more opportunity to lift weights and practice. "Theres the Sidney Crosbys and the Ovechkins and the Malkins of the world that could grow under a rock and are going to play in the NHL," Montgomery said. "Theres otther perfect examples — elite players like the Paul Kariyas of the world.dddddddddddd. Those are the ones everyone knows but its like, did he really need to go to college? Well, Paul Kariya needed to go to college because he was 155 pounds and in 18 months of college he was 175 pounds ready to play against 30-year-old men that are 225 pounds. "It teaches you how to be a man quick." Perhaps some notoriety can come from watching this NCAA tournament. Boston College defenceman Michael Matheson (Pointe-Claire, Que.) is a first-round pick and top prospect for the Florida Panthers, while Quinnipiac has Connor and Kellen Jones (Montrose, B.C.) and Matthew Peca(Petawawa, Ont.). Wisconsin goaltender Joel Rumpel (Swift Current, Sask.) has been one of the best in the country this season and could soon follow in the footsteps of other recent Canadian college players like Matt Read, Ben Scrivens and Cory Conacher who have signed NHL contracts. Hamilton brothers Greg and Matt Carey recently signed deals with the Coyotes and Chicago Blackhawks, respectively, after playing at St. Lawrence University in upstate New York. Greg Carey came away satisfied with his direction, which was only possible because playing tier-2 junior hockey opened him up to the world of U.S. colleges. "You have friends, older friends on your team who have the ability to go and to head down to the States and play and it looks like a lot of fun," Carey said in a phone interview. "And then you get to go on your visits and you get exposed to this world that you really dont see as a Canadian kid growing up. We see a lot of the major junior with the Dub and the O and the Q and the NHL is right there, front and centre, so we dont really get the NCAA." Looking at the tournament from an NHL draft perspective, the top eligible player in the tournament, according to Craig Buttons rankings, is Boston Colleges starting goalie Thatcher Demko. Demko posted a .921 save percentage and 2.13 goals against average in 21 starts this season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz