Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

30.10.2019 02:07
Morse had a shot at Antworten

PHILADELPHIA -- Josh Hart has a saying at every Villanova practice, the kind that keeps his unbeaten team focused on the big picture of a potential championship season. We need to create habits that are going to make us successful in April, the sophomore guard tells the Wildcats. April? The only two games played in April are the ones that decide the national championship. The Wildcats have grandiose ambitions and closed out their latest win with a ferocious 6-minute stretch that showed why they are legitimate NCAA championship contenders. JayVaughn Pinkston had 25 points and 10 rebounds and Darrun Hilliard scored 23 points, keeping No. 7 Villanova undefeated with an 82-77 overtime win over Syracuse on Saturday. The Wildcats (11-0) never led until overtime and rallied from a 15-point hole to beat their former Big East rival. Hart hit a 3-pointer and Pinkston tied the score 69-all with 4.2 seconds left in regulation on a basket off a turnover. Hilliards two free throws 57 seconds into OT gave Villanova its first lead of the game 71-69. He was kicked in the face during a scrum and was on the bench when Daniel Ochefu made two free throws that pushed the lead to 74-71. Hilliard was tested for a concussion and not allowed back in the game. Pinkston scored a late bucket, then added a monster block that preserved the lead with 15 seconds left. Hart added 21 points in the most gutty win of the season for the Wildcats. Wed like to come in and win by 15, 20 every game, but its not going to happen, Hart said. We need these kind of games to prepare us for conference, prepare us for April. Rakeem Christmas and Michael Gbinije each scored 18 points for Syracuse (6-4). The Orange never trailed in regulation and the Wildcats could only get as close as one point late in the second half. Pinkstons three-point play with 1:14 left cut the lead to 63-62. Christmas followed with a three-point play off a goaltending call that stretched the lead to four and had the Orange in position to play spoiler for the second straight season -- Villanova was 11-0 last season when it lost at Syracuse. But Pinkston and Hilliard did enough down the stretch against an Orange team that was in foul trouble all game. The Orange had seven players with at least three fouls and three fouled out. The Wildcats were 26 of 32 from the free-throw line; Syracuse 13 of 18. Pinkston was clutch in the final minutes of regulation/OT, just as he was in a win last month against Michigan when he had the go-ahead basket and game-saving block in the final minute of a 60-55 victory. The Orange scored with ease in the first half against a Wildcats defence that failed to make any consistent stops. Gbinije and Trevor Cooney hit consecutive 3s for an 11-point lead. The Wildcats scored six points in 37 seconds to make it a 10-point game, but it was just a blip in an otherwise dismal half. We didnt come into the game with the focus that we should have, coach Jay Wright said. But, over a season, thats going to happen some games. Cooney, who scored 17 points, steadied the Orange with his third 3-pointer of the first half and helped them earn a 43-31 halftime lead. Syracuse just got by Louisiana Tech 71-69 on Sunday, leaving coach Jim Boeheim wondering about his team. While the Wildcats have their aim on March Madness, Boeheim refused to think about the NCAA tournament. Im not worried about that, he said. Im not even thinking about that. Im thinking about playing Colgate. March is a long ways away. TIP-INS Syracuse: Christmas is a Philly native and played for Academy of the New Church. ... The Orange have four nonconference losses for just the second time in Boeheims tenure, and hes in his 39th season. ... Kaleb Joseph had 10 points and 10 assists in 45 minutes. Villanova: The Wildcats trailed at halftime for the third time this season. They had not allowed more than 30 points in the first half this season. ... Hart left the game in the first half with a bloody nose and returned wearing a nameless No. 44 jersey instead of No. 3. He had gauze stuffed inside his nostrils. He made all three shots in the first half and scored 11 points. ... Villanova missed 7 of 8 3s in the first half. RIVALY RENEWED Syracuse and Villanova continued their home-and-home rivalry even though the Orange have played the last two seasons in the ACC. Always one of the hottest basketball tickets in town, 18,369 fans packed the Wells Fargo Center. The teams arent scheduled to play each other next season, though the possibility still remains of a matchup down the road. When Villanova plays someone else here, theyre not going to get 18,000, Boeheim said. UP NEXT Syracuse hosts Colgate on Monday. Villanova hosts NJIT on Tuesday. Royals Jerseys 2019 . Snedekers best result so far this year is a tie for eighth place at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in March. He sits 113th in FedEx Cup standings and has dropped to 31st in world rankings — not the results expected from a player ranked fourth in the world only two years ago. Cheap Royals Jerseys .I shared with him how much I appreciated all he had done for us, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said of that Thursday night farewell. https://www.cheaproyals.com/. Heavily-criticized after allowing a dozen goals on 58 shots in two games in Boston, Luongo continued his dominance at home. Hes now allowed two goals in three home games in this series. Kansas City Royals Store . Both had to wait out a rain interruption lasting nearly five hours before taking comprehensive third-round victories to join Carling Bassett-Seguso (1983, 1986), Patricia Hy-Boulais (1996-97) and Daniel Nestor (1999) as Canadians who made it into the second week of a major. Stitched Royals Jerseys . The International Ice Hockey Federation says Pavlovs avoided a two-year sanction because he acted "without significant negligence in failing to verify the safety of the supplements he was taking. SEATTLE -- Scooter Gennett kept watching and wondering if the pitch he didnt think he hit that well just might carry far enough. Getting an assist from Seattle right fielder Michael Morse certainly helped. "Us little guys need all the help we can get," Gennett said. Gennett capped Milwaukees six-run seventh inning with a three-run homer off Morses glove, and the Brewers ruined the Mariners night honouring former star Ken Griffey Jr. with a 10-0 win on Saturday night. Griffey was inducted to the team Hall of Fame before the game, then saw his old club give up two big innings to the Brewers. The first three Brewers reached in the seventh without the ball leaving the infield, but Gennetts homer was the big blow. The Brewers added four more in the ninth against Seattles bullpen. "I think when the offence is doing that all the way through, hopefully you have a chance to score in more innings," Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said. "I know we busted out with the one, but then we added on, which I thought was really good." Tom Gorzelanny had his best performance of the season for the Brewers. Making his seventh start after beginning the season in the bullpen, Gorzelanny (3-4) gave up just three hits in seven innings. It was the first time Gorzelanny threw at least seven innings and gave up zero earned runs since July 1, 2011, when he was pitching for the Washington Nationals. He struck out seven and allowed only one batter to reach third base. "Im not calling it a renaissance. Im just trying to do my best out there and have a good effort each time," Gorzelanny said. "Im not really thinking about what could happen or how things will shake out." Gorzelanny also pitched through two unique circumstances. The first came right at the start, as the beginning of the game was delayed by 17 minutes because the ceremony honouring Griffey ran long. Gorzelanny ran up into the batting cage underneath the stadium to make a few extra throws, but wasnt bothered by having to wait. Then he sat through the Brewers big seventh inning, but was able to finish the inning. "Its great just to get through the sixth inning, which Ive had trouble with this year a few times," Gorzelanny said. Seattle starter Hisashi Iwakuma (10-6) matched Gorzelanny for the first six innings, but quickly fell apart in the seventh. Carlos Gomez started the inning with a bunt single, diving around the tag atttempt of Justin Smoak at first base to reach safely.dddddddddddd Iwakuma said he tweaked his back on the play and struggled to get the ball down in the strike zone from then on. Caleb Gindl then chopped a grounder to the left side as Gomez was running on the pitch. Shortstop Brad Miller fielded the ball, but made the mistake of throwing to first when it was clear he wouldnt get Gindl. That allowed Gomez to reach third and put runners on the corners with no outs. Khris Davis then hit a shot down to third base that Kyle Seager backhanded. He tried to get Gomez at the plate but his throw was slightly high and Gomez was safe after crashing into catcher Humberto Quintero and knocking the ball free. Quintero stayed down briefly as the inside of his right knee collided with Gomezs right knee, but he remained in the game. Gomez said Quintero was unhappy being run into and let him know it when he came up for his next at-bat. "I dont mean to hurt any player, but if he is in front of the plate, what am I going to do?" Gomez said. "You dont have a second to think." Juan Francisco then doubled to left-centre on Iwakumas next pitch to score Gindl and give the Brewers a 2-0 advantage. Yuniesky Betancourt added an RBI single before Gennetts second homer of the season. Morse had a shot at pulling back the drive, but it deflected off his glove and over the fence. "I got it a little off the end. I thought it had a chance, but all I was trying to do was get a pitch up and put it in the outfield somewhere," Gennett said. Said Morse: "I felt like I had a good chance on it till I hit the wall and it kind of jarred my wrist back." Griffey became the seventh member of the teams Hall of Fame. It was an emotional ceremony that brought the first sellout crowd of the season for the Mariners. The ceremony was supposed to last about 30 minutes, but Griffeys speech was nearly 25 minutes itself and the entire ceremony went for nearly an hour. Notes: Milwaukee scored 10 or more runs in consecutive games for the second time this season. ... Griffey joined late Hall of Fame broadcaster Dave Niehaus, and former teammates Alvin Davis, Randy Johnson, Dan Wilson, Jay Buhner and Edgar Martinez being honoured by the club. ... Gorzelanny improved to 2-0 all-time against Seattle as a starter. ... Seattle had committed seven errors in its previous three games before staying clean defensively on Saturday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz