Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Religionen
Cl11234566 Offline

23.11.2019 01:39
Jenrry Mejia returned Antworten

TORONTO – Brandon Morrow is back with the Blue Jays. Not to pitch, though, as hes not close to a return to the mound, but as he progresses in his rehabilitation from a torn tendon sheath in his right index finger, its time to come under the closer watch of the ballclubs medical and training staff. Throwing once again, Morrow shared that there is no “drop dead” date to determine whether hell need surgery on the injury, a procedure which would end his season and possibly his tenure in Toronto. “I would take it as far as until it went out again, until it tore,” said Morrow. “If it tore, it would probably take the other pulley with it and then I would need to get it fixed. Im just going to take it up until that point and not worry about it.” Often when an athlete gets injured, hes out of sight, out of mind. The team must go on without him. Little thought is paid to the hours of rehab required. It can get lonely and boring for the guy going through it. The situation can be made worse depending on the type of injury sustained. For Morrow its a finger, which is especially limiting. Following the first two weeks of recovery, during which his right hand was completely immobilized by a splint, he began with pinching exercises using clothespins and putty. For one to two hours, three days a week, Morrow was at a Phoenix-area clinic working through his program with others who suffered similar hand and wrist injuries. A number of people with carpal tunnel syndrome were classmates. Morrows gym work was limited to lower-body strength exercises. He could still work his shoulders using two and three-pound weights, being careful with his grip. After about a month, he resumed an upper body regimen. For the last five days, Morrow has been throwing a baseball. Hes just playing catch at this point; from 45 feet for four days, extending to 60 feet on Tuesday afternoon. His finger is far from 100 per cent, not in pain, but still stiff. “It actually feels better after I throw,” said Morrow. “It kind of loosens it up and the range of motion gets better. Its been great. Throwing has been good for the last week.” Morrow would sit on his couch and watch the Blue Jays. Its strange being a member of a team but being so far away from your mates. Morrow was close to four thousand kilometres away, staring at a TV. “You kind of feel like that, you kind of feel like a fan,” said Morrow. “But obviously you know a little bit more of whats going on in the game. You feel the emotions a little bit more because youve been there. I know the fans are invested, but they dont quite as emotionally invested as the players do, although some might say they do. Sometimes its hard to watch because you cant help out.” Morrow would like to return as a starter. What isnt clear is how long hell need to get back up on a mound. That wont be happening anytime soon and hes been down long enough that hell need another spring training-like experience to get his arm stretched out. Regardless, in the final guaranteed year of his deal (the Blue Jays hold a $10 million option for 2015 thats unlikely to be picked up), he wants to play a role in a pennant drive. Hes motivated. “Thats really what youve got to use,” said Morrow. “Theres nothing else to motivate you. When you look up and see them keep winning everyday it gives you a better chance at doing that. I dont think Ive ever pitched in a pennant race so it was exciting, even for me sitting at home and watching, to watch them win.” Morrow will remain with the Blue Jays until such time as he heads out on a minor-league rehabilitation assignment. Hell be here for a while. Fake Nike Air Max Replica .com) - Matt Duchene picked up the deciding goal early in the third period and added an assist, as Colorado escaped with a 4-3 victory over Dallas at Pepsi Center. Cheap Nike Air Max Outlet . -- Howie Kendrick had a two-run single in his first game batting leadoff this season, Chris Iannetta hit a pair of RBI singles and the Los Angeles Angels beat Cleveland 6-4 Tuesday night, sending the Indians to their fifth straight defeat. https://www.wholesalenikeairmaxshoes.com/.com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Discount Nike Air Max Wholesale . Louis Cardinals have agreed to a one-year contract. Wholesale Nike Air Max From China . With the Nets winning streak in jeopardy, Williams scored 23 points, 11 in the final six minutes, to lead Brooklyn to a 104-99 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night.NEW YORK -- Matt Harvey has a partially torn ligament in his right elbow, a potentially devastating injury for the pitcher that had given the foundering New York Mets reason to be hopeful about their future. For now, the 24-year-old Harvey and the Mets hope that he will be able to avoid reconstruction surgery on the ulnar collateral ligament. A full prognosis will not be made until swelling in the elbow goes down in about two weeks. "It was tough. Obviously it was the last thing I was expecting when I went this morning," Harvey said Monday. "I am going to do everything I can to avoid surgery." The National Leagues All-Star game starter on his home field this July, Harvey has been experiencing forearm tenderness for a month or two but could not pinpoint exactly when it began. The discomfort increased during his start Saturday against the Detroit Tigers, when he allowed a career-high 13 hits. Harvey admitted he was tired against the Tigers, the 26th start of his first full season in the major leagues. Manager Terry Collins said he noticed Harveys pitches werent as crisp, a sign of fatigue. But Collins didnt know Harvey had any issues with his forearm until Sunday and the ace went for an MRI at the Hospital for Special Surgery a day later. "Nothing is shooting in my elbow at all. Thats not the issue," Harvey said. "When I heard the news, I was pretty shocked. Im still very optimistic." Harvey wasnt the only one in the Mets organization stunned by the news. "This was a surprise to all of us," general manager Sandy Alderson said. "Forearm pain can foretell problems with the elbow, but in this particular circumstance there had been no indications of that." Harvey wasnt immediately placed on the disabled list. Carlos Torres will take his spot in the rotation and face the Phillies on Thursday. Torres got two outs on Monday night in the Mets 2-1 loss to Philadelphia that dropped New York to 58-71. The No. 7 pick of the 2010 draft, Harvey is 9-5 with a 2.27 ERA. He has a league-leading 191 strikeouts in 178 1-3 innings pitched and was a top candidate for the NL Cy Young Award. "It put everybody down," catcher Travis dArnaud said. "When we heard the news everybody was just speechless. I just feel terrible, man." The Mets were working on limiting Harveys innings to a little more than 200 this season. Alderson said there is no real scientific basis for managing young pitchers careers. "These innings limits are not a guarantee of anything. Theyre certainly not based on any science," Alderson said. "This is a kind of progressive injury that isnt a function of, we dont believe in this case a specific incident or quote overuse. Its an anatomical fact that these things happen." The blow is paarticularly tough for an organization that has not been to the playoffs since 2006, and hasnt had a winning season in its new ballpark that opened in 09.dddddddddddd But Harvey was the first of several top young pitchers who were supposed to help lead New York back to the post-season, and Mets captain David Wright cited the talent in the minor leagues as one of the reasons he signed a big contract to remain in New York last winter. One of those rising stars, Zack Wheeler, started for the Mets on Monday and took the loss. Wheeler pitched impressively into the seventh inning, giving up two runs and five hits. But Collins lifted him with two outs even though Wheeler was about to face Phillies lefty Cliff Lee. "We said before the game that 105 was the limit," Collins said. "Obviously, after what happened earlier today were sticking to it." Harvey made a marvelous big league debut last season, striking out 11 in 5 2-3 innings against the Diamondbacks and has been even more dominant this season. Big like classic power pitchers Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemens, with a fastball that regularly reaches 98 mph, Harvey flirted with no-hitters several times this season. The excitement at Citi Field every time he pitched was not present on most other nights, and the Mets took to calling his starts "Harvey Day." "This is a great loss for the Mets. Matt Harvey has given us a lot of hope this year for the future. Hes been our shining star this year," said David Greenfield of Fairlawn, N.J., a self-professed Mets fan since their first season of 1962. "Hes a class guy, and Mets fans need something to hang our hats on." The news about Harvey comes just days after the same doctor, David Altchek, recommended Tommy John Surgery for teammate Jeremy Hefner. Also, right-hander Jenrry Mejia returned from elbow-reconstruction surgery last September. After making just five starts this year, he went back on the DL and is likely going to have an operation to remove bone spurs from the elbow. Two-time Cy Young Award winner Johan Santana had his second shoulder surgery and is out for the season. While Harvey hopes to avoid surgery by strengthening the muscles in the shoulder and arm, Alderson was a bit more realistic in discussing the elbow. He said this type of injury can worsen over time and that even if the ace with a Russian supermodel for a girlfriend can keep from having an operation now, he may need it in several years. Tommy John surgery has become a fairly common procedure for pitchers. Recovery time usually takes at least a year, and many have made successful returns. Washington Nationals ace Stephen Strasburg had the operation after a tantalizing debut. His teammate Jordan Zimmermann, an All-Star this year, also made a successful return. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz